Feliks Audio ENVY
Dec 30, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #76 of 7,322
Do we know anything about whether it uses valve or solid state rectification? Does it use point to point wiring and does it employ any negative feedback? These are key issues for any really good SET amp.
Personally, the real pity is that it does not have speaker outputs. I realise that may not matter to many here, as this is a headphone forum, but it would certainly stop me from shortlisting it.
The Feliks headphone amps I have heard are excellent and fantastic value for money, but this is a big step up for Feliks in their range price wise.

Dec 30, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #77 of 7,322
Do we know anything about whether it uses valve or solid state rectification? Does it use point to point wiring and does it employ any negative feedback? These are key issues for any really good SET amp.
Personally, the real pity is that it does not have speaker outputs. I realise that may not matter to many here, as this is a headphone forum, but it would certainly stop me from shortlisting it.
The Feliks headphone amps I have heard are excellent and fantastic value for money, but this is a big step up for Feliks in their range price wise.
It uses solid state rectification.
I'm pretty sure also point to point wiring, but have no clue about negative Feedback.

However they will surely answer if you ask via emsil.

For speakers there is also thr Feliks Arioso, a pure speaker amp based on 300B tubes (with tube rectification)

Dec 30, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #78 of 7,322

I can't understand this price development either, especially when you consider what other manufacturers offer for considerably less money.

In my opinion, such overpriced products sell even better, the buyer just then shows what he can afford, in Germany they call such a thing "prestige object", no idea what that's called in English, which is why the manufacturers just keep turning the price screw - I would probably do the same, but who buys at such prices, is to blame.

But of course, every manufacturer is allowed to do that as he wants, no one is forced to buy anything. :beerchug:

Just my 2 cents...

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #79 of 7,322
I can't understand this price development either, especially when you consider what other manufacturers offer for considerably less money.

In my opinion, such overpriced products sell even better, the buyer just then shows what he can afford, in Germany they call such a thing "prestige object", no idea what that's called in English, which is why the manufacturers just keep turning the price screw - I would probably do the same, but who buys at such prices, is to blame.

But of course, every manufacturer is allowed to do that as he wants, no one is forced to buy anything. :beerchug:

Just my 2 cents...
Not 2 euro / 2 deutschmark ?

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #80 of 7,322

Just my 2 cents...
I'm right there with you.
I don't understand it either - if we were talking about 50$/€, I'd put up with it.
But it has to be said that Euforia have made considerable steps in circuit design from the first construction until today.
It is no longer a whole circuit board but has been divided into 3 parts that are mounted on a solid sheet of metal.
Actually well thought out, and the board seems to be of higher quality.
The justification of all 3 models Elise,Euforia and Ae is still missing to me for the lavish price increase.

I think the Envy has taken these steps into account as well.
And maybe they went back to better parts.
Still, you can't judge it at the moment because you haven't seen any pictures of the inside yet.
That no effort has been spared to build and offer such an amplifier is beyond question.
Whether it is worth it, we will see, most people will
certainly not buy it.
I think it will be more for the middle class customers who really want it and are willing to spend that amount of money and for people who have money.

Considering where Feliks started and where they are today, it's okay.
With the Echo 2, they already serve a good product for people who want to get a taste of it and remain affordable. And with the Elise and Euforia, the next level up, and with the Ae and Envy, one level up again.
You can't really blame them if they want to grow in the company.

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #81 of 7,322
Price is always in direct correlation with demand. They will not ask it if nobody will pay it. There is a market for these amplifiers and they just want to explore it near other companies already doing that. In my case things are simple, I do not want a 300B amplifier, so they can sell it for 1000 eur and I will not buy it. But others pay tens of thousands.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #84 of 7,322

Just my 2 cents...

See my prior post #54 where I name the competitors and existing price points. Not trying to start an argument but want to clearly lay out the field of alternative/competing models of the same quality, components, and capability level as the Envy. My list ranged from $4k - $12k so the envy would be somewhere right in the middle. I'd like to expand my list of new tube amps on the market so please suggest some brands/models that we can add.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/feliks-audio-envy.960600/post-16726851

Dec 30, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #86 of 7,322
The Envy would look really good together with ZMF headphones.
That would be a sweet combination.

I'm excited to see those custom wood finishes.
But the pricetag of this amp really would hurt and I'm not sure how much better it will syngerize with ZMF headphones than my Euphoria AE.

Dec 30, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #87 of 7,322

Just my 2 cents...
In English, that might be called a 'status symbol'.....

Dec 30, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #88 of 7,322
There are new production tubes of the original Western Electric Design that Sound sublime and are much more affordable
That is the price for the new production ones; just got a pair the other week from WE. They do indeed sound sublime!

Dec 30, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #89 of 7,322
Price is always in direct correlation with demand. They will not ask it if nobody will pay it. There is a market for these amplifiers and they just want to explore it near other companies already doing that. In my case things are simple, I do not want a 300B amplifier, so they can sell it for 1000 eur and I will not buy it. But others pay tens of thousands.
Fully agree. I think the price has a lot more to do with demand than with quality here. Obviously this is probably a good product, but price is so high mainly due to the fact people are ready to pay that much for it. Feliks is clearly trying to capitalise the fact it has become widely known. Look at Feliks prices a couple of years ago.

Broadly, prices of headphones and accompanying gear has gone crazy. It is because of us agreeing to pay more, prices will drop only when people say no...

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #90 of 7,322
Which options are you referring to at a considerably lower price point?

From my knowledge they don't ask more than the competition, so apparently I lack knowledge about a few amps in that class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back