Feliks Audio ENVY
Aug 9, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #588 of 6,869
Sounds like their production line must be picking up speed :gs1000smile:

Aug 9, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #589 of 6,869
My Envy is being dispatched end of the week 👍
Excellent news!

I chose to rip some Vinyl while I wait for mine.

The Envy will live on the top shelf so the turntable is temporary.

20220806_170805.jpg

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #590 of 6,869
Excellent news!

I chose to rip some Vinyl while I wait for mine.

The Envy will live on the top shelf so the turntable is temporary.

20220806_170805.jpg
Nice stand, what made is it?

Aug 9, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #591 of 6,869
Nice stand, what made is it?
It's an "Atacama Apollo Storm 6".

It may look a bit odd as I had a friend cut the lower shelves a little narrower.

The top shelf is full size but with the holes recut inward.

So; you're eye's aren't deceiving you if it looks a bit off.

Aug 16, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #592 of 6,869
I bought the Envy (standard package) knowing that it had to be very special to sound better than my Bigger Ben with NOS GEC KT-88, Tele G73-R and the Mighty 596. The BB sounded so good I wasn't sure the Envy could sound as good or perhaps better...........but it does!

Even with the basic stock EH 300B I knew the Envy was a keeper!
With the addition of Elrog 300B and various drivers ( Melz 1578, TS Round Plate VT-99 / 6F8G, Sylvania, Raytheon and TSRP 6SN7) it is simply stunning. Good deep tight bass and extended treble w/o etching or a glassy top end.

The Envy is simply stunning!

Aug 16, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #593 of 6,869
I bought the Envy (standard package) knowing that it had to be very special to sound better than my Bigger Ben with NOS GEC KT-88, Tele G73-R and the Mighty 596. The BB sounded so good I wasn't sure the Envy could sound as good or perhaps better...........but it does!

Even with the basic stock EH 300B I knew the Envy was a keeper!
With the addition of Elrog 300B and various drivers ( Melz 1578, TS Round Plate VT-99 / 6F8G, Sylvania, Raytheon and TSRP 6SN7) it is simply stunning. Good deep tight bass and extended treble w/o etching or a glassy top end.

The Envy is simply stunning!
Glad it's starting to arrive for people after that long delay.

The bass and air is what I loved as well.

The top end is really clear and extended without any hint of brightness.

Clear and meaty is the best way I could describe it.

I was very impressed as well. It was the best thing I'd ever heard.

I bet it's amazing with those Elrogs too.

Looking forward to more impressions.

Aug 16, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #594 of 6,869
Waiting for someone crazy enough to test the KTxx with adapters in the Envy...

Please do not use KT88 as drivers in Envy or any other 300b amps. KT88 are not meant to be drivers. They are solid power tubes and are not suitable to drive 300b tubes. Ask any tube amp engineers or better still ask Lukasz. They will shake their heads.

Aug 16, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #595 of 6,869
Glad it's starting to arrive for people after that long delay.

The bass and air is what I loved as well.

The top end is really clear and extended without any hint of brightness.

Clear and meaty is the best way I could describe it.

I was very impressed as well. It was the best thing I'd ever heard.

I bet it's amazing with those Elrogs too.

Looking forward to more impressions.
No further news here. I was told the dealer had initial tracking details just over a week ago but no sign of anything yet.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #596 of 6,869
No further news here. I was told the dealer had initial tracking details just over a week ago but no sign of anything yet.
I think it depends where it's shipping from. The guy from the Audio Barn mentioned that customs can add quite a lot to the delay.

Aug 16, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #597 of 6,869
I think it depends where it's shipping from. The guy from the Audio Barn mentioned that customs can add quite a lot to the delay.
Maybe. Some places like to hide behind Brexit etc but the reality is the customs checks are not done at the airport (unless they think it is a suspicious package).

I've ordered a load of gear from Ubiquiti in the Netherlands recently which was, surprisingly, next day delivery. Actually, my Lavricables Grand arrived in a day and a half.

The delivery company starts the customs checks as soon as the item is picked up so it is all cleared by the time it arrives at the airport and is straight on the plane. This is why next day / 48hr is still fairly normal with UPS etc from the EU. I remember both those recent deliveries documented the customs checks as complete before they'd even arrived at the airport.

Edit... Details from HMRC Customs Clearing. Docs are all electronic which is why there is a fast turnaround for couriers. Provided the forms have been filled in correctly.

If you’ve provided the documents that HMRC need, the arrived goods should be cleared:
  • within 2 hours for air freight imports, road freight imports, all exports
  • within 3 hours if received between 8am and 3pm for marine freight imports
  • by 8am the following day if received after 3pm for marine freight imports

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #599 of 6,869
Up and running and agree with what others say. It’s only been an hour so far, and my Utopia’s are sounding lovely compared to out of Euforia AE.

3F570392-D97F-431E-8B2C-45275641241A.jpeg
Grats. Looks great in Oak!

Aug 18, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #600 of 6,869
Up and running and agree with what others say. It’s only been an hour so far, and my Utopia’s are sounding lovely compared to out of Euforia AE.

3F570392-D97F-431E-8B2C-45275641241A.jpeg
Beautiful, simply beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back