Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Jun 29, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #12,331 of 13,846
  Glad you have narrowed down the problem DL. 

I did mention your issue to a friend and he mentioned it might be a 'cold joint'. He didn't have time to explain to me what that was so I've no idea if that makes any sense or not. Something to do with solder. You will doubtless know what he means.

I've had no issues so far- just sweet sound. Today I'm using the power combo 6BL7/6SN7 with Brimar 6N7GT's as drivers -and the richness of detail and weight of the sound is something I've not experienced before from headphones. Very room speaker-like sound. I know it's always possible to cause damage by injudicious use of tubes but it's so hard to imagine that could be happening when Elise is producing such lovely, effortless sound. I know it can though.

On another point I'm quite concerned about the time it's taking for FA to respond to you. 

I emailed about the same time as you with a technical question about Expressivo and have had no acknowledgement. Usually they response very quickly.

I do hope all is well with FA. Maybe an email/ internet glitch over in Poland.

Great, can you send a photo of that setup and how would you describe its' sonic attributes? thanks

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #12,332 of 13,846
  Great, can you send a photo of that setup and how would you describe its' sonic attributes? thanks

Rich and detailed. Big sound-stage. Warmer drivers than 'Bad-Boys', not quite as much in the treble but ample for detail even in big choral music. Lovely vocals and big, big grand piano. I was listening to some Schubert solo piano, which I've listened to many times before, and for the first few bars I thought the right channel wasn't working properly or there was a channel imbalance, then these massive bass chords thundered out filling the whole of the right and middle of the sound-stage-quite an experience, truly.

I was actually expecting the 6N7GT's to be cooler sounding- maybe the Brimars are exceptional in this respect and sound more like the coke bottle shaped 6N7's. I have some metal 6N7's on the way too.

Photo to follow once my camera battery has charged up.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #12,333 of 13,846

Here's the photo. Fairly modest compared to previous tube arrangements, but not modest sounding, for sure.

Seductive and incandescent. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #12,334 of 13,846
well, i don't have anything to add about elise since it's still in customs ... and ... canada post can legally go on strike any time now ...

however, on monday nite i did see these 2 bands ... really great crap - what can i say?

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #12,336 of 13,846
After three solid hours of listening with the Sennheiser 800, JRiver through PSAudio New Wave Dac, to Elise with the Visseaux6n7g's from @UntilThen and the Tung ol 5998's I have to give this combo the nod as the best I have heard on this setup. I has everything I could want, detail, clarity, bass, mid's , treble, and soundstage.  Using a complete mixture of flac files in HD with all the different genre's I have, nothing seems to quite reach this level. The 5998's were new tubes and have been burned in now, and the detail is amazing.  If I can find another pair of these, the Visseaux's and the Tung Sol's, I think it will do it for me. Many thanks to @UntilThen for his Visseaux's and the suggestion to check out the auction for the 5998's the best combo I ahve listened to.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #12,337 of 13,846
well, i don't have anything to add about elise since it's still in customs ... and ... canada post can legally go on strike any time now ...

however, on monday nite i did see these 2 bands ... really great crap - what can i say?

Wow!! Great music! The first Trio...especially enjoyed :)

Lucky you!!

Fingers crossed for no delay in getting your amp.

:p

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #12,338 of 13,846
After three solid hours of listening with the Sennheiser 800, JRiver through PSAudio New Wave Dac, to Elise with the Visseaux 7n7g's from @UntilThen
and the Tung ol 5998's I have to give this combo the nod as the best I have heard on this setup. I has everything I could want, detail, clarity, bass, mid's , treble, and soundstage.  Using a complete mixture of flac files in HD with all the different genre's I have, nothing seems to quite reach this level. The 5998's were new tubes and have been burned in now, and the detail is amazing.  If I can find another pair of these, the Visseaux's and the Tung Sol's, I think it will do it for me. Many thanks to @UntilThen
for his Visseaux's and the suggestion to check out the auction for the 5998's the best combo I ahve listened to.

Yeah to 7N7G/5998!!

Gets you: "there"..!!!

:p

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #12,339 of 13,846
I emailed about the same time as you with a technical question about Expressivo and have had no acknowledgement. Usually they response very quickly.

I do hope all is well with FA. Maybe an email/ internet glitch over in Poland.

hello
very new on this forum, i'm a little bit anxious about feliks audio
i ordered  an elise on 27 May 2016 and i don't have any new from them
i emailed them twice and nothing
impossible to reach them by phone too

are they still alive?????

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #12,340 of 13,846
Jun 29, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #12,342 of 13,846
As far as I have contacted Lukasz, and he usually gets back in short while. As far as info on your amp, they would not have any info until it is in the que being built and tested.  They are a small family owned and opereated company and everyone has more than one job to do.  I would send him another email and try to be patient.  They had a supplier problem when my amp was being built, the chaies were not coming in to their specs, so they had to straighten that out, which they did , took all told about 8-9 weeks from order to ship-receive date.  Well worth the wait.  Great build quality and value.

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #12,344 of 13,846
  As far as I have contacted Lukasz, and he usually gets back in short while. As far as info on your amp, they would not have any info until it is in the que being built and tested.  They are a small family owned and opereated company and everyone has more than one job to do.  I would send him another email and try to be patient.  They had a supplier problem when my amp was being built, the chaies were not coming in to their specs, so they had to straighten that out, which they did , took all told about 8-9 weeks from order to ship-receive date.  Well worth the wait.  Great build quality and value.

thank you
i will wait untill July 11 (6 weeks after order)

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #12,345 of 13,846
You can still email him, can't hurt.  If you get a chance have a listen to this vocalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back