Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
May 27, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #10,907 of 13,846
UT, it's working very nicely right now with Miles Davis and the Modern Jazz Giants on vinyl...

I want to get Miles Davis on vinyl. Kind of Blue.

Here's another great piano solo by Jim Bajor who says that recording a solo piano is not an easy task. It's finding the right piano and the right setting. They finally found the magnificent C. Bechestein Concert Grand Piano from Germany.

ps... Oskari, who needs sleep. 
wink_face.gif

May 27, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #10,909 of 13,846
Hahaha the last time I implied this, I was almost stretchered off the thread. :D

No need for that :) We need to spread the word, for the greater good (or something). It's physical, it makes you listen to an entire album (more than cd's and definitely more than digital imo), it's analog and almost as good as r2r when done correct. I love it, everyone else should too... lol!

Btw, my Elise is in Copenhagen atm! Maybe I'll go get her :)

May 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #10,913 of 13,846

Here's another great piano solo by Jim Bajor who says that recording a solo piano is not an easy task. It's finding the right piano and the right setting. They finally found the magnificent C. Bechestein Concert Grand Piano from Germany.

ps... Oskari, who needs sleep. :wink_face:

Nice, I'll check that out. Miles Davis has become something of an addiction for me. Years ago I couldn't see what was so great about him, now I realise I was looking for the wrong things.

I love a good recording of a piano - very hard to do indeed.

May 27, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #10,914 of 13,846

ps... Oskari, who needs sleep. 
wink_face.gif

If you like great Pianos an solo piano recordings check out the Fazioli 308s, they are 3,08m long vs. the 2,74m concert grand pianos. They reinvented the piano and some of the best reference cds we use because of exceptional recording, full range and harmonics use the f308.

Cheers
WB

May 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #10,919 of 13,846
I love how you guys are using vinyl as source, sonically superior to any digital DAC.

Well I am a huge fan of vinyl but this is too much of a blanket statement to let stand:wink: At least when you take it in regard to the typical measurres to evaluate sonic characteristics.

It all depends on the recording and file, and what vinyl/turntable you use and to what dac you are comparing. Lets say you have a dcs Debusy, MSB Diamond or Totaldac D2 tube , all the power conditioning before and an equivalent streamer that will be hard to beat unless you are going for Kronos, SME 30/2 or Techdas AF1, turntables when judging the "objective" neutral fideltiy quality. TOTL digital is getting pretty close to TOTL vinyl. But the analog feel is still better. If you want the best go tape Reel to Reel.

However for the experience of apreciating music vinyl is really hard to beat because of how involving the process is and often the recordings are much better too, plus there is just the analog chain and source. Its the same with the Elise, for me its (at least in private not professionally) about just experiencing the music and the Elise gives you all the feel, here vinyl is great as well:wink:. However I really, really like to let go when listening to music for longer periods of time so then a good dac with the Elise does the trick. Or when space is limited dac is nice. Seeing all the friends that have rooms just for the vinyl...

Cheers
WB

May 27, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #10,920 of 13,846
I he
Hi oshipao,

We have a forum member in Denmark, suuup, and he had some strange experiences with the Danish post office, so I would not take a chance - patience and talamod!

I hear you. No, I guess it would be in town tomorrow, but I guess monday is as good a day as another :) I have hard to get time to get her singung this weekend anyway. CL final tomorrow night (morning for UT?) :)

Listen to my HD600 from my iphone and spotify now. It's okay, but very claustrophobic :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back