Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
May 26, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #10,831 of 13,846
Yeah they are, pretty much streaming, lps and tapes are up, the rest is declining.

Cheers
WB

Uh huh, and film will surely come back, too...

Articles like this one, make everyone THINK vinyl is on a big come back:

http://fortune.com/2016/04/16/vinyl-sales-record-store-day/

But when you actually analyze the numbers, it's rather paltry in the overall picture.

The article above does clarify a bit with:

"To be clear, though, paid subscription services and Internet radio services, like Pandora, greatly exceeded LP and EP sales"

Better not sell your film cameras, anytime soon, WB...

:p

May 26, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #10,832 of 13,846
  Here @pctazhp  I found you a very nice Linn Sondek LP12. 
bigsmile_face.gif

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php/topic/104349-fs-superb-refurbished-lp12-linn-sondek-turntable/

Well, I won't say it isn't tempting!!! The LP12 was a classic model and I think probably the first real high end table.  It has the Valhalla power supply which was a significant upgrade. The SME arm was also a classic, and I actually had the  Shure V15 MK3 cartridge. It was one of the best cartridges I ever owned. When Shure went on to the MK4 and 5, they lost the magic of the MK3, which was highly musical. Candidly, anyone wanting to push the envelope on vinyl should seriously consider that table.

I'm afraid though that my vinyl days are in the past, unless you know of a way to take the record out of its sleeve, put it on the table, apply the brush and lower the cartridge on to the outer grove with no more than 3 clicks of my mouse I'm going to have to pass ))))

May 26, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #10,833 of 13,846
Uh huh, and film will surely come back, too...

Better not sell your film cameras, anytime soon, WB...

tongue.gif

And be sure to hold on to your supply of these:

Even if you are not a photographer, someone here will eventually figure out how to use them in the Elise. Surely they will sound "sublime" )))

May 26, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #10,835 of 13,846
Home for lunch...have my George Benson - "The Other Side Of Abby Road" LP on:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMshlghbuc[/VIDEO]

pct is right, most folks dislike "the bother" of LP playback these days :)

May 26, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #10,836 of 13,846

Hi Mordy,

quick question on the transformer and maybe you know the answer while you were on the boards and spoke to non us (115V) people about external heating of the Elise. The mauser F22a is unfortunately 115V/6.3CT/20A but finding a suitable 230V alternative is proving more difficult than I thought. Any recommendations. I could try calling mauser, but today is holiday, unfortunately I already checked their portfolio and did quite some searches online. Any European (230V) members you know using something similar to externally heat. In German speaking countries these frankenstein experiments are somewhat frowned upon, but I would like to try it out at some point.

Thanks
WB

Sorry. Brain fart (((

The best idea I could come up with is this to first step down the voltage to 110: https://voltage-converter-transformers.com/collections/step-up-down-voltage-transformer-converter/products/vt-4000-step-up-down-transformer-4000-watts. Then use the Triad transformer. Frankenstein on steroids!!! Maybe someone from Transylvania will have a better idea)))

May 26, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #10,837 of 13,846
  Well, I won't say it isn't tempting!!! The LP12 was a classic model and I think probably the first real high end table.  It has the Valhalla power supply which was a significant upgrade. The SME arm was also a classic, and I actually had the  Shure V15 MK3 cartridge. It was one of the best cartridges I ever owned. When Shure went on to the MK4 and 5, they lost the magic of the MK3, which was highly musical. Candidly, anyone wanting to push the envelope on vinyl should seriously consider that table.

I'm afraid though that my vinyl days are in the past, unless you know of a way to take the record out of its sleeve, put it on the table, apply the brush and lower the cartridge on to the outer grove with no more than 3 clicks of my mouse I'm going to have to pass ))))

Can I make it more tempting? You have to travel to Perth to pick it up though. Seller won't post. 
biggrin.gif
 and @WB2016 it's in Aussie currency.

May 26, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #10,839 of 13,846

This 1948 vinyl jukebox will make it easy for you no? 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 26, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #10,840 of 13,846
Where was that disk I was looking for?

May 26, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #10,842 of 13,846
Yeah you think this will make a come back? :D   It's still new after all these years....

It has about as much chance as vinyl :)

I always hoped that someone would make 'digital backs" for film cameras to "convert them" to digital.

No dice.

Also that article:

http://fortune.com/2016/04/16/vinyl-sales-record-store-day/

Is actually misleading. if you break out the inflation calculator...385 million spent on LP's in 1988 comes to 777 million in 2015 dollars.

So unless 2015 sales exceeded 777 million dollars spent on LP's would LP sales be "the highest since 1988".

Instead it says 412 million was spent in 2015, and again, via the inflation calc that comes to 213 million in 1988 dollars.

So....figure it out....it's not more at all...more like 1/2 the 1988 level.

Cheers!

BTW, I am ALL FOR VINYL and wish it WOULD come back, but I know there is zero chance of that happening.

Hang on to your film cameras, boys!

May 26, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #10,843 of 13,846
May 26, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #10,844 of 13,846
  I got my EL3Ns and adapters in the mail.  Is it my imagination, or are these lower gain drivers as compared to Sylvania 6SN7s?

Have you heard it? Using as drivers with your stock power tubes? Gain should be equal or more than 6SN7. My volume dial tells me that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back