Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Jan 1, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #5,311 of 13,856

you have a metrum hex dac?!   (spoken a la seinfeld's  'you have a mercedes s-class?!')

No, sorry, I will not say much about the new DAC's but I did listen to 5K and 10K DAC's and was not impressed with the musicality and always sounded somewhat lean to my ears,no meat at all.
Running modded EAD Signature dac/pre in my main system and using with my HP set-up at this time.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #5,314 of 13,856
  Oh do tell about the HEX...how is it?

The HEX is like................(Ulysse Nardin- that is for geetarman)NO GOING BACK!!!
It is very impressive HP they are just very special, I sold my HE-560 and they will be missed.
The music is just surrounding me and it is so hard to walk away from it, my wife is already not happy with the amount of time I am spending in my upstairs room (man cave- walk in closet)

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #5,316 of 13,856
Roger that...

I already commented on it. See post 5280:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/782754/feliks-audio-elise-new-thread/5280#post_12213802

tongue.gif

Chuckle...another roger that...  how did I miss your post 
tongue.gif

Painting the big white dot is the best modification I did to Elise. EQ went up several notches. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #5,318 of 13,856
  if you are happy, then i am happy ... no, i mean that sincerely.
i don't ever wish to impose my likes/dislikes on someone else especially when (with regards to bp) so much fact is being touted as being meaningful.
i can't truly say that i'm 100% against non-bp scenarios; i rather like fade & crossfeed (implemented in the s/w player) personally, but then, these destroy the illusion of bp - so you can't have your cake & eat it too, it seems.

@geetarman49,

Audirvana Plus achieves bit-perfect amongst other things. That is what I'm trying to say. This is one of Audirvana's mission:-

Achieving “source direct” in addition to “bit-perfect” is key. 

Incidentally, the link that you provided, http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/Intro/SQ/OperatingSystem.htm, has a reference to 'Beyond Bit Perfect: The Importance of the player software and MAC OS/X Playback Integer Mode - Damien Plisson, Audirvana developer.

Read this article and see how Damein explains about Audirvana Plus achieving:-

4. The player software impact
First of all the player should ensure bit-perfect reproduction of the signal by:
• Adapting the DAC sample rate to each track native to avoid any unwanted sample rate conversion
• Taking exclusive access (“hog mode”) of the device to prevent other opened applications from interfering 

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #5,319 of 13,856
I paid for my amp about 4 days ago. Anyone know what happens next? Does Feliks send a confirmation email or anything?

I can't remember whether I get a confirmation but it's best to shoot Lukasz an email, saying that you paid and asking him to confirm receipt of your payment and asking when is the estimated date of delivery of your unit. 

It could also be that Feliks Audio is on Christmas and New Year's break. Most likely. Everyone deserves a break at this time. 
tongue.gif

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #5,320 of 13,856
I can't remember whether I get a confirmation but it's best to shoot Lukasz an email, saying that you paid and asking him to confirm receipt of your payment and asking when is the estimated date of delivery of your unit. 

It could also be that Feliks Audio is on Christmas and New Year's break. Most likely. Everyone deserves a break at this time. :p
They must be taking a break because I sent an email a couple days ago. Thanks, I'll try to be patient :)

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #5,322 of 13,856
I'm back to the controversial and famed 2031. Having spend so much time with 2 FDD20, I find this to be a bit bloated now. LOL.

Bloated is a terrible word to use as this combo is spectacular. Let me explain. With 2 FDD20 + 5998 + HE560, the sound I'm getting is like wearing a tight jeans. Fits so well, it shows your thigh muscles and long legs well. When you walk, it's like the 'Good' walking into the final gunfight with the 'Bad' and the 'Ugly'. Even the chooks run for cover. Bass is mean, tight and slams you like a magnum 45. Midrange and treble are like the silver bullets out of the magnum. It ain't gonna miss the 'Bad' and the 'Ugly'. They are going down for sure.

So what happens when the 'Good' swaps his magnum 45 for a machine gun. The bullets will fly and spray everywhere. You ain't going to get the precision of the magnum. That is what it's like swapping 2 FDD20 with 2031.

There you go. I managed to describe a tube sound without the usual adjectives and examples. 

/bow

tongue.gif

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #5,323 of 13,856
  The HEX is like................(Ulysse Nardin- that is for geetarman)NO GOING BACK!!!
It is very impressive HP they are just very special, I sold my HE-560 and they will be missed.
The music is just surrounding me and it is so hard to walk away from it, my wife is already not happy with the amount of time I am spending in my upstairs room (man cave- walk in closet)

You sold what ??? The HE560 ??? Bad decision. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Have you heard the HE1000?  How does the HEX compares to the HE1000?  Btw you know that Elise+EL3N+5998 will make them sing better right? 
L3000.gif

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #5,324 of 13,856
Wow I have on the 'Good' now and bass is phenomenal, ground shaking and earth shattering. I think my Philips Miniwatt FDD20s are well and truly burn in. Listening to Enigma and it's haunting with chilling, heart beating drum beats. Treble and midrange are perfect now. ELISE+FDD20+5998+HE560 is one class act. 

Do yourself a favour. Hear it. Try this.

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #5,325 of 13,856

so ...u understand ... the un (1846 model) is quite brilliant in my books - but i gave it away to a nephew in high school a couple years back (sort of a very early grad present).  this act unleashed a fury of watchbuying for their kids amongst  my other relatives - i did not expect that ... at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back