Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Sep 6, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #9,961 of 11,833
I would agree with PCT, constant communication that YOU need information is a good way to go about it. If they see the same name each day it will remind them that it is an ongoing problem. I had trouble getting a response as well with my Euforia arrived damaged, and it was not handled in a expedious manner. Being a small company, I am sure the;y have no pull with the government or the customs office.That being said, they should be in contact with you to let you know what the status is, whether they have it or still awaiting customs clearance.

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #9,962 of 11,833
I would agree with PCT, constant communication that YOU need information is a good way to go about it. If they see the same name each day it will remind them that it is an ongoing problem. I had trouble getting a response as well with my Euforia arrived damaged, and it was not handled in a expedious manner. Being a small company, I am sure the;y have no pull with the government or the customs office.That being said, they should be in contact with you to let you know what the status is, whether they have it or still awaiting customs clearance.

Read several stories on this forum about packages getting stuck in customs. At this time I am waiting for tubes shipped from Ukraine a month ago. The tracking shows that they are sitting in the US customs in New York for three weeks. There is nobody to talk to, nobody picks up the phone, and nobody answers a message.
Another shipment from Ukraine took five weeks to arrive, another 11 days; my GEC 6080 tubes just now arrived in 8 days(!)
There is no rhyme or reason, and you just have to sit tight and be patient.....

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #9,963 of 11,833
Hey guys i am based in the US and just got a pair of Telefunken's El12's, from Germany and listening to them as we speak, it took a while to get them here and i was getting worried as well. I have ordered some other things from Japan. I would say yes patience is the key. It also depends on how you pay for it, Some credit cards Amex or even PayPal give you protection. Pic of the El12, they are really out of this world. 20170906_112507.jpg

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #9,964 of 11,833
Hey guys i am based in the US and just got a pair of Telefunken's El12's, from Germany and listening to them as we speak, it took a while to get them here and i was getting worried as well. I have ordered some other things from Japan. I would say yes patience is the key. It also depends on how you pay for it, Some credit cards Amex or even PayPal give you protection. Pic of the El12, they are really out of this world.
Hi Mondrax,

Looking at your tubes it appears to me that you are using 2.5A power tubes. The EL12 draws 1.2A. The total current draw is then 7.4A which exceeds the specs of the Elise which allows for 6.8A.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #9,965 of 11,833
Sorry to hear you are waiting that long, when i order things from Japan or China it takes a while Sorry again if I sounded insensitive to your situation, but if they ensured a delivery day, I would take action. Again I am based in the US and dont know where you are but New York is the slowest place to clear. I hope your delivery gets to you soon.

M

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #9,966 of 11,833
No version of EL tubes is approved by FA (EL3N, EL11, EL12, EL12n, or EL12spez). Whenever using a tube not approved by FA, EXTREME CAUTION must be exercised. This has been discussed repeatedly on this and the Euforia thread.

@hypnos1 has discussed (here and/or on the Euforia thread) his comfort level with EL11 as drivers and EL12spez as power). I use that particular combo. The heater filament current draw of that combo is well under the FA specified limit. Nonetheless, it is not officially approved by FA.

Any time any EL tube is used with a non-EL tube, again extreme caution is strongly advised. Any use of a tube not specifically recommend by FA risks damage to the amp and very easily could void the warranty.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #9,967 of 11,833
No version of EL tubes is approved by FA (EL3N, EL11, EL12, EL12n, or EL12spez). Whenever using a tube not approved by FA, EXTREME CAUTION must be exercised. This has been discussed repeatedly on this and the Euforia thread.

@hypnos1 has discussed (here and/or on the Euforia thread) his comfort level with EL11 as drivers and EL12spez as power). I use that particular combo. The heater filament current draw of that combo is well under the FA specified limit. Nonetheless, it is not officially approved by FA.

Any time any EL tube is used with a non-EL tube, again extreme caution is strongly advised. Any use of a tube not specifically recommend by FA risks damage to the amp and very easily could void the warranty.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #9,969 of 11,833
Hey guys,

You are like guardian angels. I am going to check the specs once more. They do sound great just like that but I don't want to start a fire in my house. :)

Thanks for the advice,

As I mentioned before I really new at this.

But Love Music.

M

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #9,972 of 11,833
Speaking of customs, the US government must officially (and rightfully) recognize that people who live in Scottsdale are truly superior human beings. I've never had an incoming tube, amp, etc spend more than a day or two in customs and never have paid any duty. I'm pounding on some High Sonoran Desert sand that blew in this morning as I write this. :ksc75smile:

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #9,974 of 11,833
Hey guys,

You are like guardian angels. I am going to check the specs once more. They do sound great just like that but I don't want to start a fire in my house. :)

Thanks for the advice,

As I mentioned before I really new at this.

But Love Music.

M

Hi mondrax. Glad you too have discovered the magic of EL tubes, but as @pctazhp has mentioned, you do need to be very careful of the total heater draw!

The EL12 is strictly a power tube, which is why we use the EL11 as drivers, making a total of 4.2 amps. And I personally have in fact always found the best performance to come from pairing just ELs.

As pct stated, these are indeed among tubes that are not officially sanctioned by F-A, but I have been using the 11/12 Spezial combo exclusively (in Euforia) for many months now, and without any ill effects whatsoever. My recent extensive temperature tests proved that ALL parts of the internals run far cooler than stock config'n, which is a very positive bonus lol! And in light of these results, Lukasz did mention to me that so long as there were no apparent untoward effects, they could be safe to use after all...but they still can't OK them officially...And so I personally have no qualms at all about using them. In my own system, this combo has ousted what most would consider the absolute pinnacle of 6SN7/6AS7G tubes...without question!!

I wish you all the best in your tube journey and enjoyment of a wonderful amp...but please be careful lol..:wink: :darthsmile:...CHEERS!...CJ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back