Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
May 1, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #8,026 of 11,833
The new site is far from perfect and there are features of the old site that I miss. There is one huge advantage, though. The new site is less heavy and loads faster on my tablet and on my low-end computer.

May 1, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #8,027 of 11,833
Welcome back H1, hope all is well with you and yours. Now that you are all rested up, perhaps you can help stir up the interest on these threads.

Rested up, cf?...you are joking, right?!! Getting ready for even just a short break is one big workup these days lol! :triportsad:

But rest assured on my return I shall be boring folks with my latest exploits re. Naim Uniti Core and giant Airlink Transformer's Balanced Mains power unit (with Avery Magnetics Advanced Filter System)...but in short...WOW!!...(regardless of amp used, no doubt...). BFN...CJ

May 1, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #8,028 of 11,833
The new site is far from perfect and there are features of the old site that I miss. There is one huge advantage, though. The new site is less heavy and loads faster on my tablet and on my low-end computer.

Yo, Oskari. Certain changes/omissions are a pity, but am beginning to warm a bit more to the new site. No doubt further improvements will come along as they manage to complete the project and (hopefully!) listen to folks' comments/criticisms...

May 1, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #8,030 of 11,833
Hey folks, boy and girls, It is all about music isn't it, let's keep it alive. i just got a turntable and going to experiment fuhrer.

Cheers everybody and keep listening...

Mondrax

Yes indeed, mondrax....the music is King!!...

We look forward to your impressions via TT...(I'm sure @UntilThen will be especially interested, given his own love of vinyl lol! :darthsmile:...).

May 1, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #8,032 of 11,833
Hey folks, boy and girls, It is all about music isn't it, let's keep it alive. i just got a turntable and going to experiment fuhrer.

Cheers everybody and keep listening...

Mondrax

Indeed it's all about music and we do want our music to sound musical don't we? That is why we buy tube amps and turntables. If we go into DACs we want it to sound analogue, organic and not digital. :blush:

I do have a humble Denon TT but it's was a new gift from wife about a year ago. Straight into Elise or Euforia for lovely sound. On top of that, @connieflyer so lovingly send me a pile of his treasured LPs all the way from Michigan to Sydney. If you read the Elise thread, you will see the LPs from my short photo reviews.

However, I'm about to change my DAC. Very shortly I'll take the plunge for a Denafrips Ares r2r DAC. There's some lively discussions of it on that thread now. If you think that's not a good idea, do let me know now. :fearful:

May 2, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #8,033 of 11,833
Hey guys, got me a while (and a password reset) to get back online but I just had to say hi!

IMG_5455.JPG

May 3, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #8,040 of 11,833
Hei! Looking good. Are your Mullards trouble-free?

I like to say hi too !

You're running with the combination that I like but I'm running with these now. It's a Tung Sol world.
I've only got them just yesterday, but I ran them for the full day (around 6 hours) and they sing wonderfully along with the Psvane! They also seemed to open up more by the hour, if that makes any sense.

Initial impressions include an incredibly silent background, rendering details with authority yet not mellow (if not rounded, warm and jazzy) as the RCA 6080 and quite more substantial compared to the stock Svetlana 6n13s. I can't really find the words to describe a general label for what they do, but for now I'd call them refined, confident, and powerful. If I hadn't experienced all the other combos so far, I don't think I'd be able to position them in such terms because they're not as impressive as the EL variety right away. Overall, I really like them and I think @UntilThen and @HPLobster got it right to appreciate the combo!

Last note, I don't know if Langrex had cleaned them up or they were indeed new and unused tubes but they looked all shiny and in pristine condition once I opened the box! :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back