Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Apr 30, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #8,011 of 11,833
Hi tjw321,

I don't hear any pinging noises, but I only listen through speakers. Which EF86 tubes are you using?
I only have the Svetlana 6J32P and one RFT ATM. Looking for Philips/Valvo and TFK but have not found the price point I like yet.....
Also looking for Matsushita mesh tubes.

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #8,014 of 11,833
Hi tjw321,

I don't hear any pinging noises, but I only listen through speakers. Which EF86 tubes are you using?
I only have the Svetlana 6J32P and one RFT ATM. Looking for Philips/Valvo and TFK but have not found the price point I like yet.....
Also looking for Matsu****a mesh tubes.

lol Matsu shiita .

My latest EF86 is Mullard brand from Langrex. It's a very good sounding tube on both Euforia and La Figaro 339.
That is the very one that I have.

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #8,015 of 11,833
Off topic - Caught 4 trout today.

DSC_0122.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG

On topic - not a single one was wearing headphones.
:dt880smile::shark::shark::shark::shark:

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #8,019 of 11,833
Levi,
The amp is doing beautifully everything I throw at it it handles it superbly, I had Hendrix, Louise Armstrong, Queen , Plink Floyd, playing in front of me last night, I even watched a couple of movies as well. Until I realized it was 4 am. :)

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #8,020 of 11,833
That's great Mondrax! You may also like RCA 6080 even better and I just saw some great looking pairs in eBay for cheap. Those 6SN7's I gave you include the RCA 6SN7 GTA's which were some of my all-time favorite... for the Ember and Elise anyway, but to me didn't seem to pair so well with the Euforia. The RCA 6080's though were one of the surprise pairings I found for the Euforia, making it sound very refined and solid-state like.

I just gave my first "like" now that the new Head-Fi has it... at least unlike that 'other' audiophile site that's not to be mentioned here there is no "dislike" option, which works favorably for me anyway, LOL

May 1, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #8,021 of 11,833
I've had an unexpected shift in my relation with the Elise recently. I bought a pair of the new 70w temple audio monoblocks to power my speakers, and it turns out that they are so astonishingly good that unfortunately, putting the Elise in the signal path as a preamp, seems like a real step down. However, I'm still delighted with it as a headphone amp, so I think I'll just start using cans a bit more frequently. Might even investigate getting better headphones at some point, although I do love the he400. Modern class D kit is getting really amazing for the money. I'm going to try and hold off using speaker taps for my headphones on the monos.

May 1, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #8,022 of 11,833
Just want to say that if I needed an ego boost, HeadFi would be one of the last places I would look to find it. The F-A threads have long been more than just about tubes and equipment. I have developed strong friendships through these threads, loved knowing what my fellow Feliksites like listening to, and enjoyed all the friendly banter. We all have our own subjective views towards tubes and equipment, and reading about the experiences of others has enhanced my enjoyment of this hobby immensely. But if tubes and equipment were the only things we talked about on these threads, they would not be very active.

Hey pct...may I just confirm you are one of the least egotistical guys I know lol! And, along with the other main contributors to the F-A threads (not forgetting those more occasional, but equally welcome members), have made them among the most popular here at head-fi for some years now - as commented upon by numerous newcomers!

You and I know (as do most folks, I'm sure) that what really turns people away from forums is elitist, verbose language...of which I too have occasionally been guilty in the past, but now try to minimise whenever possible lol! :wink:

And so I hope that you and the other active members continue in the vein that I'm sure does not in fact detract others from participating here, and who I am also sure are more than capable of standing their own ground in debate!...CHEERS!...CJ

May 1, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #8,023 of 11,833
Welcome back H1, hope all is well with you and yours. Now that you are all rested up, perhaps you can help stir up the interest on these threads.

May 1, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #8,024 of 11,833
Well I was going to post a welcome back video but I see that this stupid software only has post a reply or upload a file. I was able to do it before, getting tired of this, I will try a hyper link If this does not work you can find me at Computer Audiophile.

May 1, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #8,025 of 11,833
Looks like that worked,not like they did not know this was coming, poor prep work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back