Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jan 25, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #10,291 of 11,833
Phil, you are much missed...your good friend, CJ...
Yes, indeed, CJ.
I’m trying this new Elise thread as an experiment to see if there are those interested in a basic Elise thread. Of course, I can’t dictate the rules for this or any thread and would not presume to try. But I am suggesting the following guidelines for those who might be interested in this type of thread:
Phil, this place needs you and your wisdom. Get well soon!

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #10,293 of 11,833
Nice to hear from 'old timers'(!! :wink:), especially now our good friend Phil aka pctazhp, who started this thread, is unable to give us his own welcome input.

In fact, I'm sure I'm not betraying any confidences in saying he hasn't been at all well, and that I would ask all who are still here to send their deepest wishes to him, in the hope they may help in his recovery. And for absent friends, I shall send them on their behalf...

Phil, you are much missed...your good friend, CJ...
I know I haven't been on here for long, or had the good fortune to converse with pctazhp, so I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here in wanting to give pctazhp my best wishes as well.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #10,295 of 11,833
Just received news of Phil's condition from Don. Thanks Don, thanks indeed.

Phil, I spend the last 2 hours listening to songs and not hearing. Thinking of the jokes we tell each other. I know I tell terrible hamsters jokes. I have a song for you. I hope you don't mind... my mind's not very good at choosing songs at this time thinking of you.

Wishing you well and speedy recovery.

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #10,296 of 11,833
Well, I received my Foton Ribber tubes today after a 30 day wait. First impressions are what has already been said by others. It's a balanced, smooth and laid back sound. Not bad. I still come to enjoy the stock powers over the others.

I have a pair if 68FG? tubes and adaptors on the way. I got some cheap(ish) Marconi tubes to try out. I'm gonna get some TS soon.

I remember saying I wasn't going to roll tubes. Lol
Hi cty,

Please give the '53 Foton tubes some 30 hours of use and they will sound much better.....

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #10,298 of 11,833
Hi cty,

Please give the '53 Foton tubes some 30 hours of use and they will sound much better.....
I found there to be a big improvement after just 10 hours, found them to be rather soupy at first, but everything improved very quickly, now they're one of my fave 6sn7's, for me, they pair particularly well with the RCA 6080.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #10,299 of 11,833
I know I haven't been on here for long, or had the good fortune to converse with pctazhp, so I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here in wanting to give pctazhp my best wishes as well.

It's good of you to add your best wishes, Scutey...a real gentleman is Phil, and he'd be most appreciative of your concern also.

What I am finding harder to thank you for however is your support for the most hideous foodstuff I can imagine...ie. cow's stomach lining....yeuch!!!...:wink:...

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #10,300 of 11,833
They are still in her! I like them! My favorite so far. Thanks for the recommendation!
Here is another clarification of the Foton Ribbed Anode 6N8S.
The years that have the same construction are 1952,1953 and 1954. For some reason the least expensive seller on eBay groups 1954 and 1955 (1955 different internals) together at a lower price than the earlier ones.
You could ask for 1954 tubes and benefit from the lower price.

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #10,301 of 11,833
What I am finding harder to thank you for however is your support for the most hideous foodstuff I can imagine...ie. cow's stomach lining....yeuch!!!...:wink:...
Lol, we're a bit doolally here in Devon h1, it's the scrumpy, sends you a bit nuts, gives you a liking for weird bovine based products!!.

Jan 26, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #10,302 of 11,833
  • Photos of our setups are highly encouraged, as are examples of music we enjoy with our Elises.

A photo dedicated to Phil....and to wishing you well:

IMG_4519.JPG

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back