Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Apr 22, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #7,966 of 11,833
Apr 22, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #7,967 of 11,833

Which Mullard 6080 did you end up buying?

Blue box from Langrex. They only had one piece of the CV2984 and obviously I needed a pair.

They should be identical in tone - I have every reason to believe so.

I am still running Sylvania 6sn7wgt and Mullard 6080. It is sounding so good I just don't want to change the tubes. Psvane 6sn7 and Mullard 6080 sounds very good too. Free of adapters at last. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #7,968 of 11,833

I am still running Sylvania 6sn7wgt and Mullard 6080. It is sounding so good I just don't want to change the tubes. Psvane 6sn7 and Mullard 6080 sounds very good too. Free of adapters at last. 
etysmile.gif

Well, I have to tell you I'm liking the RCA6080 more and more by the hour; that's how I ended up buying the Mullard. It's a nice change to enjoy a smooth and relaxing sound for long hours without my eardrums hurting! However, I got to admit (not to get me buyers) that when the ELs opened up their sound was amazing. Perhaps it was the very condensed rendering of the HD600 that made them problematic to my ears...

Too bad that everyone here's already stocked up with EL tubes; I just opened a classified and next logical step would be to get them selling on Ebay. Would you by any chance know another forum where I could put them up for sale?

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #7,969 of 11,833

etysmile.gif

Well, I have to tell you I'm liking the RCA6080 more and more by the hour; that's how I ended up buying the Mullard. It's a nice change to enjoy a smooth and relaxing sound for long hours without my eardrums hurting! However, I got to admit (not to get me buyers) that when the ELs opened up their sound was amazing. Perhaps it was the very condensed rendering of the HD600 that made them problematic to my ears...

Too bad that everyone here's already stocked up with EL tubes; I just opened a classified and next logical step would be to get them selling on Ebay. Would you by any chance know another forum where I could put them up for sale?

I also quite like the Mullard sound, I also quite like the older RCA 1940's driver tubes....smooth....many don't like this sound because there is not much air on the top end and the treble may seem lacking for some.

I think many people like a brighter signature because there is more detail, but you can have some great detail with a much warmer type of treble, you just need to get used to that tone. like you say, you can listen to it all day with no fatigue and not a hint of sibilance .  Happy listening.

If you have any extra EL3N tubes, i may be able to help you out with buying some of those....I really do not need any of the other EL tubes.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #7,970 of 11,833

If you have any extra EL3N tubes, i may be able to help you out with buying some of those....I really do not need any of the other EL tubes.

YES, you are my man. I have 10 EL3N tubes in spankingly new condition. I'll give you a discount plus 50% participation in the shipping. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #7,971 of 11,833

YES, you are my man. I have 10 EL3N tubes in spankingly new condition. I'll give you a discount plus 50% participation in the shipping. 
wink_face.gif

Well, since I offered to angpsi, lets see if he has any for sale first....if not and you have four with matched codes and the price is right...maybe we can do a deal....these are 10,000 hour tubes and I have four tubes now...so I will in no way need 10 tubes....but a back up pair would be nice....also thought about getting four EL3 tubes as they are only half the price as the EL3N.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #7,972 of 11,833
Originally Posted by whirlwind /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, since I offered to angpsi, lets see if he has any for sale first....if not and you have four with matched codes and the price is right...maybe we can do a deal....these are 10,000 hour tubes and I have four tubes now...so I will in no way need 10 tubes....but a back up pair would be nice....also thought about getting four EL3 tubes as they are only half the price as the EL3N.

Sure let @angpsi sell it if he has any EL3N. I'm not too fussed. Will sell only if there are buyers. Otherwise, I'll keep it to light up the Christmas tree. 
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #7,973 of 11,833

Go right ahead guys, I haven't any other EL tubes besides the EL11/12 I mentioned in my post. Cheers!

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #7,975 of 11,833
Apr 22, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #7,978 of 11,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back