Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Nov 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #3,631 of 11,833
  I'm in Hawaii and I'm up
biggrin.gif

David can you check on @doofalb ?  Make sure his Elise has not blown the fuse.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #3,633 of 11,833
  I wonder where @doofalb is? I hope he hasn't finished that bottle of red.

I would have expected the review to be tabled here this morning. Perhaps they sleep in, in Hawaii. 

Absolutely! We do sleep in, than we go surfing, nest is an extended breakfast and at some point we roll in to work...I wish, lol

I actually worked all weekend and got a total of 1 hour of listening time on the Elise...so not fair. Work always get's in the way, dammit

TLDR: the bottle of wine is still unopened

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #3,636 of 11,833
  Absolutely! We do sleep in, than we go surfing, nest is an extended breakfast and at some point we roll in to work...I wish, lol

I actually worked all weekend and got a total of 1 hour of listening time on the Elise...so not fair. Work always get's in the way, dammit

TLDR: the bottle of wine is still unopened

Ok one hour of listening on Elise. I gather no hum, no channel imbalance and it sounded like a Robin singing?

Oh man, I remember the Hawaiian breakfast .... it's a killer !!! And then the surf and beach bums. Take me there again.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #3,638 of 11,833
Dreaming about Hawaii.....

BHSE.jpg

BHSE%20On%20Black.jpg

David, if you had held on to those 70's muscle cars, you would easily be able to afford this one.....

BTW, is your current avatar inspired by tube glow?

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #3,639 of 11,833
  Ok one hour of listening on Elise. I gather no hum, no channel imbalance and it sounded like a Robin singing?

Oh man, I remember the Hawaiian breakfast .... it's a killer !!! And then the surf and beach bums. Take me there again.

Definitely no hum and I didn't notice any channel imbalance, at least not at the volume setting I was listening to with the HE650s. Is a channel imbalance noticeable at all volume levels?

The grass is always greener...see, I would love to have a good flat white and catch some waves in one of the non-crowded spots in OZ. Here, I'm mostly working, haven't surfed in a year or so. But, for play I get to listen to the Elise, so I can't complain 
gs1000.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #3,641 of 11,833
  Definitely no hum and I didn't notice any channel imbalance, at least not at the volume setting I was listening to with the HE650s. Is a channel imbalance noticeable at all volume levels?

The grass is always greener...see, I would love to have a good flat white and catch some waves in one of the non-crowded spots in OZ. Here, I'm mostly working, haven't surfed in a year or so. But, for play I get to listen to the Elise, so I can't complain 
gs1000.gif

Channel imbalance usually due to problematic tube(s). If you don't hear it at reasonable volume then you have a fine working unit and tubes. Congrats. Obviously too early for you to provide some feedback. Some impressions. Take your time. New tube amps and tubes need a reasonable amount of burn-in.

Non-crowded spots in Oz? You would have to get north of Sydney. Hawaii is a paradise to me the last time I was there. It's really magical.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #3,642 of 11,833
I should have bought land when I was stationed there in 1964-65. Back then it was just about the Mai Tai's and the wahine's !

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #3,643 of 11,833
I can confirm that the fuse in the Elise is T1.6AL250V ...

^230V amps.

Make sure his Elise has not blown the fuse.

Reminds me...

As far as I remember, none of you non-230V folks ever told the specs of the fuse in that part of the world. Not that it matters much (to me). Just "inquiring minds" and crap like that.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #3,644 of 11,833
  Channel imbalance usually due to problematic tube(s). If you don't hear it at reasonable volume then you have a fine working unit and tubes. Congrats. Obviously too early for you to provide some feedback. Some impressions. Take your time. New tube amps and tubes need a reasonable amount of burn-in.

Non-crowded spots in Oz? You would have to get north of Sydney. Hawaii is a paradise to me the last time I was there. It's really magical.

Thanks for the info! 

North of Sydney is where I went back in 2004. Not complaining about living in Hawaii, I wouldn't be here if I hated it :) but  it's also more fun to be here on vacation then to work. As anywhere else, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back