Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jul 8, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #16 of 11,833
I just post at the other thread before I see this.
No @UntilThen, 8 weeks and still counting, not sure yet when I am gonna get it.
Like you said, people wait for Stratus for 12 months, what is 12 weeks?

I think I am gonna hang around here more now as I am single-tube-per-socket-kinda-guy.

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #17 of 11,833
You'll get your Elise very soon. At most 10 weeks. 

Yup single-tube-per-socket-kinda-guy is good. :) Neat and nice. I mean Elise design is so beautiful. Why kill it. Have a look at this. Pure elegance with sound to match.

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #18 of 11,833
@UntilThen, @connieflyer; @hypnos1 and @RedBull. Thanks for joining in))  My desktop has descended into chaos (a regular occurence!!!) and I lack UT's photographic prowess, but I'll post a photo of my current setup soon. I'll be pretty busy the next few days. Also, CF, I was struck hard by the news from Dallas. It does seem like our country is tearing itself apart, and honestly right now my mood is pretty somber. But it is great to have you guys to keep in touch with.

Also, CF, I empathize with you in dealing with the bank. They certainly do practice the golden rule. They have the gold and therefore they rule!!!

I second UT's recommendation of the 7236. I have been running them with my pair of green label Sylvania 6SN7-GTB's (paid $45) for about 5 days now and have felt no need to roll something else in. In fact, I have been going back and listening to a lot of my old favorite recordings and have been thrilled with what I am hearing.

Also I have not bought a new pair of tubes in over a month, and both my serenity and pocket book have benefited 
normal_smile .gif
. I am curious as to what I might achieve with a "better" pair of Sylvania 6SN7s, but the prices are pretty crazy on Ebay for something like the 6SN7Ws and I'm honestly not sure what I feel I am lacking now in terms of SQ that I would achieve by buying another pair of expensive tubes like I have spent for some of my power pairs.

RedBull:  8 weeks sounds like an eternity!!! As others have said, the wait will definitely be worth it. Glad you will be joining our little club)))

Anyway, another weekend is upon us. Best to you all )))

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #19 of 11,833
I don't want to make a practice of posting videos here I have already posted on the other thread. But the following video is one of my favorites and always lifts my mood. I have a couple more but I'll wait to post them. Then I'll try to find some new videos worthy of posting. But with my taste in pop music having been forged back in the 50s and 60s, something worth posting is not easy to find.
redface.gif

There is something about Collette that is absolutely mesmerizing to me, the drummer reminds me of Robin Williams and the two guitar players are real characters. The first song, "The Big Keeps You Rockin", was recorded by Fats Domino in the 50s and then seems to have been forgotten. Mainly, it's fun for me to see a younger generation dig back into history and perform these "oldies" with such appreciation of the past.

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #20 of 11,833
  You'll get your Elise very soon. At most 10 weeks. 

Yup single-tube-per-socket-kinda-guy is good. :) Neat and nice. I mean Elise design is so beautiful. Why kill it. Have a look at this. Pure elegance with sound to match.

Oh so beautiful ....
I don't want to rush Lukasz, I just want him to take his time and do proper testing and selection of components before shipment.

Elise remind me of this kind of style

Thanks @pctazhp for being a nice host for us to chill up.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #21 of 11,833

Oh so beautiful ....
I don't want to rush Lukasz, I just want him to take his time and do proper testing and selection of components before shipment.

Elise remind me of this kind of style

Thanks @pctazhp for being a nice host for us to chill up.

You are very welcome. Thanks so much for joining us ))) And I agree with your representation of Elise's style 
dt880smile.png

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #22 of 11,833
Getting up at 5am and seeing a female form. I thought I am in a different thread. 

Well it's Portugal vs France in the finals of Euro 2016 and Milos Raonic vs Andy Murray in Wimbledon 2016 finals.

My pick - Portugal and Murray. 

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #23 of 11,833
  Thanks for the reply, may give them a try.  Have to straighten out some bank accounts first.  Did the right thing and tried to put my sister on one of my accounts as a benificiary said I could not because it was a joint account, showed her death certificate, after an hour she did paper work and said she would hold it for a month, I asked about the present account status, bill pay and what not, she said it would remain the same. This morning, two days later got email from main bank addressed to my wife, (deceased) to let her know that the account had been frozen and bill pay cancelled.  Advice is never try to do the right thing with banks.  Glad I have more than one bank

I had so much headaches with auto-bill pay when my mom passed, even having the death certificate it was a PITA with utility companies and banks.

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #24 of 11,833
Sorry to derail thread already, have been using the El3N's and 5998's for awhile now and I must admit they are way up on my list of favorites.  Seems to cover all the bases.  Using it more as a preamp now than before and I really like the difference in clarity that this combo brings to the table, thanks @UntilThen you have a knack for finding some good combo's not that everyone else doesn't, but I think UT is on my wave length.  A little erratic but heading in the right direction.

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #25 of 11,833
  Sorry to derail thread already, have been using the El3N's and 5998's for awhile now and I must admit they are way up on my list of favorites.  Seems to cover all the bases.  Using it more as a preamp now than before and I really like the difference in clarity that this combo brings to the table, thanks @UntilThen you have a knack for finding some good combo's not that everyone else doesn't, but I think UT is on my wave length.  A little erratic but heading in the right direction.

CF:  You're not derailing at all 
etysmile.gif
  Both the EL3Ns and 5998s are well within the 1-tube-per-socket (with or without single tube adapters) guideline )))  I agree that they are a great combination, although I don't use the Elise as a preamp.

And I also agree with you that @UntilThen is the master!!! Every time I look at the 7236s I bought from him I feel like genuflecting or something because they once played in his world-famous Elise 
atsmile.gif

Hope you are doing well )))

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #26 of 11,833
Thank you sir, doing better, some days okay, some not, some banking, shopping, repairing you get the drill, life.  OKay I amy have to get a pair of those 7236's, starting to work on me.

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #28 of 11,833
It is good to hang out with all the pros here.  I feel comfortable being feeble minded, at least I think that is what I meant, although it could be something entirely different, but then again, there is no accounting for all the pebbles on the beach when we all know it should be sand, not glass, but it is still shiny in the sun, except when the moon comes out and the vampire bats hang out in the trees that seem to all ways be looking to get me!  Okay, got to go get some food, what is left of my mind is wandering. Oh yeah forgot to go to the store again, guess I better order a pizza, lucky me!

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #30 of 11,833
Alright it came down to ordering a pizza or the tubes so I placed an order for a pair of rca http://www.ebay.com/itm/172262170880?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I found some cheddar cheese and some olives in the fridge, so I am happy with the purchase. Now I will have to change the furniture to better reflect the fancy tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back