Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Oct 14, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #2,942 of 11,833
DL, I'm glad you realised that there are tubes that 'far outclassed' your Christmas Tree and we are all glad you are rid of your Frankenstein addiction.

You've just started sampling some of the better power tubes. I'm sure we will hear more 'superlatives' from you as you sample the better power tubes and drivers too. Stock power tubes may be good but that's your starting point. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #2,943 of 11,833
I am waiting for my lottery and new year :D I think we should hear this pair of headphones in our lives..

Quote:

Here is a deal on the Senn HD800 in case somebody is interested:

$874.00

Sennheiser HD 800 Dynamic Open-Back Stereo Headphones for $874.00

Get this Sennheiser HD 800 Reference Dynamic Over-Ear Professional Headphones (Black/Silver) from Newegg.com (via Focus Camera)
Price:   $899.00 (See price in cart)
Discount:   $25 off $200 coupon "MPGAMER16" using MasterPass
Shipping:   Free
Final Price:   $874.00 + Free Shipping

1. Compare:
  2. $995.36
  3. $1029.99
  4. $1399.95
  5. $1399.95

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #2,947 of 11,833
  Yup, Lukasz confirmed today that the 6H13C tubes I've been raving about are indeed the same as stock tubes. I guess I've come 'full circle' - or more of a dysfunctional circle anyway 
tongue.gif
... first getting my Elise without stock tubes in favor of experimenting with recommended tubes, then finally six months later I happen to 'discover' the stock power tubes by total random chance, when searching for affordable tubes that appear to have a vaguely similar construction to the GEC's, only to discover they are my #1 kings so far - yet are ironically the same included in most orders.

However my setup is not identical to stock, using hand picked GE 6SN7 GTA's and tube bands on all four.

Also that's right - my 'Christmas tree' setup has now been far outclassed in just about every way. Sadly, this unique 'act' will likely be disbanded soon by yours truly - anybody fancy a strange Christmas decoration? Additionally, I have been tubetized (tube baptism LOL) into a new man - more of a one-tube-per-socket guy for the foreseeable future.

k701smile.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #2,948 of 11,833

Also that's right - my 'Christmas tree' setup has now been far outclassed in just about every way. Sadly, this unique 'act' will likely be disbanded soon by yours truly - anybody fancy a strange Christmas decoration? Additionally, I have been tubetized (tube baptism LOL) into a new man - more of a one-tube-per-socket guy for the foreseeable future.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #2,949 of 11,833
Well guys, it looks like Glenn's (of Glenn Amps) choice of our EL3N in his own amp is turning out to be quite a performer...not only does he rate it up there with the very best of the best, but the lucky guy who is now the new owner is also over the moon with it!....Lucky indeed...especially with a grand's worth of Lundahl tranformers providing the output duties!!

And so it has confirmed my oft-stated opinion that partnering the EL3N with the very best of components takes this tube to amazing levels...
biggrin.gif
darthsmile.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #2,950 of 11,833
  Well guys, it looks like Glenn's (of Glenn Amps) choice of our EL3N in his own amp is turning out to be quite a performer...not only does he rate it up there with the very best of the best, but the lucky guy who is now the new owner is also over the moon with it!....Lucky indeed...especially with a grand's worth of Lundahl tranformers providing the output duties!!

And so it has confirmed my oft-stated opinion that partnering the EL3N with the very best of components takes this tube to amazing levels...
biggrin.gif
darthsmile.gif

Well H1, it just goes to show our praise of EL3N is not just hype despite some who rubbish it. Not surprising. We have a good many here who love 6xEL3N in Elise. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #2,951 of 11,833
  Well H1, it just goes to show our praise of EL3N is not just hype despite some who rubbish it. Not surprising. We have a good many here who love 6xEL3N in Elise. 

Yes indeed UT...but I can already hear the occasional "ah, but Glenn's amp uses those hyper-expensive Lundahls...not OTL"...so I've said it first lol!
wink_face.gif
. However, enough of us have indeed managed to coax EL3N magic from our humble Elises to also prove its credentials...
biggrin.gif
darthsmile.gif
...CHEERS!!...

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,952 of 11,833

Yes indeed UT...but I can already hear the occasional "ah, but Glenn's amp uses those hyper-expensive Lundahls...not OTL"...so I've said it first lol!
wink_face.gif
. However, enough of us have indeed managed to coax EL3N magic from our humble Elises to also prove its credentials...
biggrin.gif
darthsmile.gif
...CHEERS!!...

My Glenn's OTL amp also uses an expensive Lundahl transformer. This and the Goldpoint attenuator made my OTL amp cost almost double the price of an Elise. 
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #2,954 of 11,833
  Listening to the binaural recording of Macy Gray, the soundstage is as big as a soccer field, great recording, what great vocals. Recommends to try for all the head-fiers.

Even if you don't have a Mojo hehe

Senn HD600>Mojo

If you think Mojo is the only thing with soundstage, you are sadly mistaken.

Macy Gray on that new album is great though.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #2,955 of 11,833
  If you think Mojo is the only thing with soundstage, you are sadly mistaken.

Macy Gray on that new album is great though.

If you could re-read my post, I was talking about the recording. Your auditory memory must be very good or you must have a superhuman hearing to remember a sound from months ago, tell me how was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back