Feist - The Reminder
Apr 13, 2007 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

Borat

Headphoneus Supremus
You can stream the entire album on here.

Review on Pitchfork (yeah yeah, I know. But this is a good review. I agree with him.)

There are two videos from The Reminder out already (both directed by Patrick Daughters). Both dance songs and both shot to appear like one single continuous take:

Feist - 1 2 3 4 (YouTube)

Feist - My Moon, My Man (YouTube)

The Reminder is out now in Europe and May 1 in the US/Canada. Only $7.99 at Amazon right now.

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So awesome.
biggrin.gif

Link

feist2ob9.jpg

It's shot to appear like one single continuous take.

Be sure to pick up The Reminder when it comes out at the end of this month.

I have a copy of the reminder from the radio station I work at and its my favorite album of the year so far and thats saying a lot seeing that wilco, arcade fire, bright eyes, of montreal, and more have came out already this year.

and yea, best choreography ever

May 1, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 72
Jin recommended this cd to me and I enjoy her voice alot. It's definitely one of my favorite cd's this year. Hope the actual CD doesn't have as much clipping as the one Jin has from his radio station.

May 1, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jin recommended this cd to me and I enjoy her voice alot. It's definitely one of my favorite cd's this year. Hope the actual CD doesn't have as much clipping as the one Jin has from his radio station.

that was the actual cd. It was a promo cd but its still the real one.
frown.gif

you should check out her earlier album, Let It Die. Half of it is original songs and half of it is covers. Its just great!

May 1, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That video for 1234 is fantastic. She just might be a superstar.

have you been converted to the ways of Leslie Feist?
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 2, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 72
Probably not. I still wouldn't put it in my top ten of the year, although I am much more familiar with Let it Die. There is just no denying that video or the fun of that song. I think she will have quite a bit of mass appeal.

Im not an Amy Winehouse fan, but I see why she is so popular.

I will definitely give Reminder some more spins. She has a nice voice, but I still think her popularity is based on vocal novelty and sexuality, than the quality of her songs.

May 2, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #11 of 72
Quote:

Probably not. I still wouldn't put it in my top ten of the year, although I am much more familiar with Let it Die. There is just no denying that video or the fun of that song. I think she will have quite a bit of mass appeal.

Im not an Amy Winehouse fan, but I see why she is so popular.

I will definitely give Reminder some more spins. She has a nice voice, but I still think her popularity is based on vocal novelty and sexuality, than the quality of her songs.

ehh, Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis uses much more sexuality in her voice then Feist imo and Leslie Feist's voice isint anything new either imo.

Her lyrics are really deep and she seems really into her music unlike a lot of the new female artists.

and I cannot understand why people think Amy Winehouse is good.

oh yea, I think you missed the other post in the other thread, your avatar is an AD reference?

May 2, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #12 of 72
Heck yes it is AD.

Oddly enough, I love Jenny Lewis, more solo than the Rilo Kiley stuff. Not saying Fiest is overtly sexual, just there is something go on there as far as the male fans are concerned. Reminder got a few spins since the last post, and I think I like it more than Let it Die. We'll see.

May 2, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #13 of 72
Quote:

Heck yes it is AD.

Oddly enough, I love Jenny Lewis, more solo than the Rilo Kiley stuff. Not saying Fiest is overtly sexual, just there is something go on there as far as the male fans are concerned. Reminder got a few spins since the last post, and I think I like it more than Let it Die. We'll see.

Major OT but

"Tricks are what whores do for money.
..And cocaine"

and Rilo Kiley's (whom I love more then any other female singer ever) self titled album has a song about a threesome. So theyre pretty darn sexual.

May 2, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #15 of 72
Gob: I can’t. I already lost a brother today.
Michael: Franklin?
Gob: Well, I didn’t lose him, but he’s all puckered and white.
Michael: On the plus side, you can take him to lunch at the club now.
Gob: That’s the exact kind of joke he would have loved! (Singing) You know it's true. Everything I do...
Michael: Please don't do this.
Gob: ...I do it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back