Feel the need to strike up conversation with people with nice headphones?
Oct 5, 2008 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

syg

New Head-Fier
Or conversely, do you want to be approached if you are wearing nice headphones? How often has either case happened to head-fiers?

The sightings thread is interesting, but I'm more interested in hearing stories that people have that came about because of a pair of headphones.

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 7
While jogging at the park today I saw someone going the opposite direction (circuit path), I'm pretty sure I saw some custom IEMs. We were both jogging so I barely caught a glance. I noticed he glanced up to see if I was wearing something, but after we passed I was on my last lap so I didn't see him again. I rarely actually see people using headphones/IEMs around here. I guess we're still behind the times in Oklahoma.

If I had seen him again I don't know if I'd have said anything or not. Most people, myself included, don't like to be interrupted while jogging, so I probably wouldn't have. Maybe I should be more open!

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 7
when i was in boston at an internship, i saw a couple people with lower end grados, and hd600's.

i went up and talked to each one - most of them were borrowing and let me try them out. one person said he'd bring his home amp sometime and let me know. why don't i ever get to borrow!

back in maryland, i n ever see anything. i saw someone with what looked like ultrasones and was really excited and chased them down to their car - and it wasn't ultrasone. it was some random company i've never heard that looked really close to them and he had never heard of ultrasone and was borrowing those headphones.

frown.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 7
I keep seeing so many people on the Streetcars in Toronto wearing Bose and I just want to ask why ... I even managed to score a listen once and was not impressed at all. Evey now and then I see someone lookign atht e Blue/Red earpieces of my Ety 4's though .....

taskerc

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #6 of 7
i would talk to someone if i saw them sporting some nice headphones, but you wont find that here in mississauga...or at least at my high school. its sad people are completely oblivious to higher end headphone
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 7
I rarely see anything but the pack-in headphones that come with cheap MP3 players, and Skullcandy/Bose/V-Moda/other junky "fashion" headphones. Occasionally I see some decent Sony (EX90).

I see a lot of Koss KSC75s too, and once saw someone with a pair of iGrados.

There's one girl at my place of employment who has a pair of white ES7s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back