Feeding a Rega DAC with a portable player
Feb 6, 2013 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

R300

Head-Fier
I've searched but can't find anything on this.

My system: *source* > Rega DAC > Ben Duncan Phones01 > Markl D7000

Feeding the DAC from my CDP or even xbox everything sounds great. However, I'm wondering if there is any portable player with an output that I can run into the DAC.

Portable sources currently in my collection are: [size=10pt]iTouch 4g, Sansa Fuze, Rio Karma. I'm planning to add a Nexus 7 soon.[/size]

I can run all of the above line-out into the amp, but I would rather use the Rega DAC instead of the DAC on the portable source.

I've seen talk of running an iPad/Pod into an outboard DAC via some sort of converter, but TBH I'm not clear on this.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 2
iPad its easy - use a Camera Connection Kit (so long as its not a newer lightning iPad) - that is a cheap and effective way to draw USB audio from it.

iPod more complicated, but there are products (quite expensive products compared to the Camera Connection Kit) that will allow you to take a digital stream from them. A very quick google I just did suggests the Pure i-20 might be one of the cheaper options, but shop around.

Now with the Nexus 7 you might have luck without any additional cost, as many Android devices allow you to take audio via USB, so look in to that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back