Feedback needed on a pair of Sony headphones
Apr 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Erethorn

New Head-Fier
Hello there, first post here for me.
I'm looking to buy a pair of cheap IEM's, and I've come across these (available in brick and mortar in my city):
http://altex.ro/catalog/index.jsp?ca...68&itemId=2875
Casti intraauriculare SONY MDR-EX33LPS - Altex - cel mai mic pret din Romania

I've tried to find reviews based on product name but failed. Perhaps the Sony numbering of their products is different for my country.

Anyhow, can anybody provide some feedback on those, compared to a pair of Senn cx300 or JVS marshmallows ? I'm interested in SQ and isolation; my main setup is a Cowon u5 paired with Senn px100 and I need a headphone that will block traffic and public transportation noise.

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello, and welcome to Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Your post would get better answers in this sub-forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Fish around there for awhile because I'm sure you'll discover a lot of products you've never considered or even heard of before!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erethorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello there, first post here for me.
I'm looking to buy a pair of cheap IEM's, and I've come across these (available in brick and mortar in my city):
Casti intraauriculare SONY MDR-X32LP-L - Altex - cel mai mic pret din Romania
Casti intraauriculare SONY MDR-EX33LPS - Altex - cel mai mic pret din Romania

I've tried to find reviews based on product name but failed. Perhaps the Sony numbering of their products is different for my country.

Anyhow, can anybody provide some feedback on those, compared to a pair of Senn cx300 or JVS marshmallows ? I'm interested in SQ and isolation; my main setup is a Cowon u5 paired with Senn px100 and I need a headphone that will block traffic and public transportation noise.

Hey Erethorn,

I actually have the EX32LP, and they are really not enjoyable. Very bassy and shrill highs. I'm not even sure how that's possible, but it's true. The depth is limited, but the soundstage is good.

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back