"Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!"-Fi
Sep 28, 2008 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

aaron313

Headphoneus Supremus
Am I the only one here who has ever wanted to say that?

Just checking.

biggrin.gif

EDIT: see posts 6 and 7 for the deeper meaning of what this thread is intended to accomplish.

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 24
is that like chicken stock, or wall street stock, or inventory?

Fee fie foe fum!

great topic. I thought you were hitting on the fact that everything and anything-fi breakout on this forum

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #5 of 24
/me Google "Jack and the Beanstock"

...ok, it seems to be an English fairy tale. Totally unknown to me.
So moving on...
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #6 of 24
I have this quirky nature towards little kids (shut up, you usual suspects here
wink.gif
), so that is one of the things I say to them as I pass them. It's even better when the mom is nearby. My girlfriend gets mad at me though when I pull these stunts.
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is that like chicken stock, or wall street stock, or inventory?

Fee fie foe fum!

great topic. I thought you were hitting on the fact that everything and anything-fi breakout on this forum

Exactly!

I am sick of all these [BLAH]-Fi threads infiltrating every nook and cranny of the members lounge. That's not to say that people should not seek advice. Advice from HFers is generally sound, and I do like to help (albeit in occasionally sarcastic ways...
biggrin.gif
). But the whole [---]-Fi has bloomed into HF's version of herpes, and we are currently experiencing a full-blown outbreak. I am requesting that people resist the temptation to create these threads in the ML (especially the uber-n00bs). In the gear forum, I think it makes more sense. I don't hate the people who do it, but I think less trite thread titles will yield better answers.

And so, from now on, I will post "Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!" in every such thread of that nature!

evil_smiley.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #8 of 24
Yeah, well I'm sick of seeing pointless -fi threads started by people complaining about threads started by people about starting -fi threads for people who do something -fi. Or something.

I'm opposed to the whole things and therefore will not be posting in this thread.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, well I'm sick of seeing pointless -fi threads started by people complaining about threads started by people about starting -fi threads for people who do something -fi. Or something.

I'm opposed to the whole things and therefore will not be posting in this thread.

smily_headphones1.gif

tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #10 of 24
Only if you mean this one
biggrin.gif

Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have this quirky nature towards little kids (shut up, you usual suspects here
wink.gif
), so that is one of the things I say to them as I pass them. It's even better when the mom is nearby. My girlfriend gets mad at me though when I pull these stunts.
frown.gif

I know just what you mean! I was once at a local museum with my girlfriend, and we happened to be looking at some dioramas of nature scenes. One contained a huge stuffed bear, and two small children were also looking. Spontaneously, I said, "You know, if you touch that button there, the bear will come out!" The kids fled, and my girlfriend scolded me.

BTW, the fairytale is "Jack and the Beanstalk."

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #12 of 24
I have a strange compulsion to stick my tongue out at small children staring at me??? that too has got me some strange looks from mothers that have turned round and caught me....lol

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only if you mean this one
biggrin.gif

Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum.gif

I have just tried strumming this piece on my guitar- is there anyone who can help me unknot my fingers please
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is or was (not sure if they're still around) a stereo store called "Hi-Fi Fo Fum". I always liked that name.

There was one here in Kansas City for awhile, now long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back