Federer vs. Nadal - Sunday - Grass Edition
Jul 8, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #31 of 92
Federer still favorite on grass even playing with his left hand (of course i'm joking).
Nadal was in a tough match against Djokovic. One set each and he was leading the third when Djokovic gave up.
Good/fast first service and volley technics still rules Wimbledon courts !!!!!!
I, as a Boris Becker fan, will support Federer. He styles is awesome.
Let's see tomorrow, anything can happen ...
icon10.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #33 of 92
federer is a joy to behold, and nadal is critical for him and our entertainment in rivalry terms. can't see federer losing this final though.

I honestly feel a bit for old pistol pete. he had a bit of a rivalry with agassi, but other than that, played so many finals against...cedric pioline etc. the champ is virtually forgotten already, even in this tennis crazed part of the world. i reckon he'd be remembered more if he traded half his slams for some heavy duty rivalries. to win 5 of his 7 slams mac had to beat borg (thrice), lendl and connors, when they were ranked in the top 1, 2 or 3!

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #34 of 92
I can't wait really, but we will have a new world No. 1 if Nadal beat Federer in Wimbledon final. I can see that happening given that Nadal will be playing with a lot less pressure. Remember the French open, all the pressure was on Federer to win it all and Nadal is the stronger of two mentally. I hope I'm wrong, but I can smell an upset.

Jul 8, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #35 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif

History shows though, if you wanna be the best of all-time, you gotta win on three surfaces. Bjorg tried it, and failed, only winning of Grass and Clay, (was three wins shy of 14 Grand-Slams) . So for Nadal, win on grass, then win on another surface (US Open or Aus Open) and the top could be yours

Sampras???

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #36 of 92
what time is the match (eastern US) / what channel is broadcasting - thanks...

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #39 of 92
Forth set and not looking for Fed. There is no tie-break in the fifth so the advantage will be going to Nadal. Look like we might have a new champion. Hope I'm wrong but Nadal is amazing today while Fed can't seem to find his fifth gear.

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #40 of 92
Man, Nadal's leg just checked out and Federer's still struggling
plainface.gif

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #41 of 92
Bjorn Borg is loving this.

Fifth set. Will Nadal's leg hold out? Will Federer step it up?

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #42 of 92
Unreal. I still can't believe it, it all happened so fast. I feel kind of ripped off that Nadal wasn't able to play at the top of his game because the injury, but he's got nothing to feel bad about, he soldiered on. Looks like Federer is well on his way now.

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #44 of 92
i thought the better man lost today. wow! what a fantastic match! nadal played every bit as well as federer but couldn't break in the final set. kudos to both of these guys...

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #45 of 92
Nadal had Federer talking to himself in sets 3 and 4.

Federer had a rough start to set 5. Nadal had 4 chances to break.
Then Federer stepped it up and put the match away.

Quite a battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back