Fed up with MD-33s
Mar 18, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #17 of 29
Thanks very much, jirou.....it worked like a charm!
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xarthan
what i hate is the stupid cord noise!!!!!!! so annoying!

Do what I do. The left speaker is where most of the microphonics come from. So put the left can upside down and wrap the cord around your ear just like the Shure headphones. It greatly reduces the microphonics, you can still here them whe you smack the cord on purpose but not when your just walking.

Mar 24, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #19 of 29
I have the EX71SL and the Shure E3 and the MD33s. I find the E3 to be lacking in the low end. The EX71 are overwhelming in the low end and lacking in the high end. The MD33s are just about right. I added the circle of foam mod to the end of each tube to tone down the highs a little.

With regards to usability, the EX71s are the easiest to wear, the MD33s are second and the E3s are last. The E3s are uncomfortable to wear for hours. THe cord is too long and heavy.

I resolved the MD33 extension cord problem by using a short 12 inch volume control cord that converts the 4 pole to 3 pole nicely. I do like the longer unbalanced cords of the MD33. It gives me more room to turn my head without pulling the buds out.

Mar 24, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #20 of 29
Since your Sharp MD33 are dead, or so as they seem. Perphaps you could try to repair them yourself. Not too sure if the mesh is the problem, but if it is then simply remove the mesh and at the same time stuff some foam or cotton wool into it. There are some posts in this forum documenting this mod, whereby it will improve the sound overall.

May 24, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by oluv
well, if you find a better canal-phone than the md33 for a similar price, please let me know, i will certainly order one.

I'd like to know too if there's somethig ultraportable and close that's better then a pair of md33 for 40$ ... ( I'm betting there's not )

May 24, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #22 of 29
i'm currently using the sumajin smartwrap (http://www.sumajin.com/online.htm) to reduce the overall length of the cord.
however, the cord is still just too long and i need to wrap around twice to get my desired length. the microphonics are greatly reduced. overall i'm rather pleased with the performance of the md-33 after trying the sony ex71 and the panasonic hje-50.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2005 at 12:05 PM Post #23 of 29
I've made several comments already about the MD33s.

The only complaint I have is the length of the cords, though at home its not a problem when I'm watching something at night.

For the price, it is awesome. I still haven't touched my Eggos and although the CD3000 sounds "overwhelmingly better", the MD33s is very good for listening to music or movies while shutting out external noise. I enjoyed the attention to detail of the sounds.

The thing with open headphones/earphones is that so much of the sound escapes from the phones that I have to turn it louder to hear anything worthy of listening.

For this reason, the MD33s did it for me. I think I would be happy and maybe happier with the more expensive earphones.

May 24, 2005 at 1:15 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
you probably meant "the Sharpative md-630"

whatever! i can't wait till creative sells them locally this weekend! argh! i have my money all ready.
tongue.gif

May 24, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
whatever! i can't wait till creative sells them locally this weekend! argh! i have my money all ready.
tongue.gif

digidub... i'll be there too..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back