February Cincinnati meet?
Feb 19, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #211 of 369
Quote:

i never cared

then the "please leave your behind at home" request should never have been made

Quote:

I am one who expressed concern; maybe the only one.

Unless you have found a way to clone multiple Earl's that goes against the "numerous people" part of the request.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I know a lot of the behind the scenes animosity in certain areas,where it comes from,what it is based on and many who are direct participants in but I also know most of the antagonists play kissy face at every "Head-Fi" meet when confronted with the reality of "here I am now what" because that is how a civil society functions.
You deal with folks on the level you need to even though you may not be having them over for dinner and drinks any time soon.If it is a "public" function then it goes to from personal beefs to greater good for all involved.Why should a few decide what is good for ALL others ? Were they asked ?

Not a good precedent and I will tell you all right here right now if Head-fi or headfi meets become "selective" on ANY grounds I will close my account today and not return ever (which would be a desired event for some anyway
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
)

Quote:

i'm not going to say who they were, as i'm bigger than that.

Earl was man enough to step up.they too should grow a pair and have full disclosure or are they hiding in the shadows as punks ?

Quote:

There was absolutely no reason to make this public

Public forum,public meet if it uses headfi to attract participants and so dirty laundry in public.The crime would have been Ray NOT posting the message and everyone in the dark as to just what goes on behind the scenes.

there is no "suck it up".Public forum,all opinions/participation welcome,segregationsists need not apply

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #212 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
I am one who expressed concern; maybe the only one. I do have some personal issues with Mr. Samuels. If any of the mods wants a public rundown as to why .... so be it. But dont cry foul if I do. If one of you mods wants a private answer pass along your phone # in a PM. I will wait for a reply before I do post publically.

I will be the first one to know what personal issues do you have with me.
I have never met you, I have never talked to you on the phone. I have ONLY bought the HD300 headphone amp from you which the transaction went perfectly fine. I do not know of any other comunication ever happened between us. I only read your interesting remarks & faithful comments about my amps which you are entitled to. Please be my guest to tell this comunity of any other personal issues that you have with me. I will not drag my self into this but I am commenting on this remarks that you accused me of. If you have any pms or e-mail that in one way or another I have offended you, please, you have my permission to post them on head-fi.
Ray Samuels

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #213 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Public forum,public meet if it uses headfi to attract participants and so dirty laundry in public.The crime would have been Ray NOT posting the message and everyone in the dark as to just what goes on behind the scenes.

Indeed, it would be most entertaining if everything else that goes on behind the scenes came to light. And significantly less flattering to Ray than you seem to suggest, too. Why doesn't everyone post PMs and we'll see how that affects the way some people are viewed around here?

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #214 of 369
Quote:

the irony is both delicious and beautiful. thank you for the holy moment

more like pathetic and now "justifying".Is what it is.A very disturbing act that I thought Head-Fi was above us mostly being functional adults here but I guess not........................

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #215 of 369
Quote:

Indeed, it would be most entertaining if everything else that goes on behind the scenes came to light. And significantly less flattering to Ray than you seem to suggest, too. Why doesn't everyone post PMs and we'll see how that affects the way some people are viewed around here?

Full disclosure.

Spill it if you have something to say otherwise keep your remarks to yourself.You don't want to pick a fight with me man on any level

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #216 of 369
Well at least the meet will have quite favorable listening conditions. You'll have plenty of uncomfortable silence to go around.
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #217 of 369
Wow, this thread is really disheartening to see.

A member, upon running his privately funded and operated meeting, who simply wanted to regulate his own function, did not want to encourange vendor participation. Instead of this simply flowing, the vendor in question takes it all personally, and a flame war breaks out against someone who's just trying to put some order in their private function. Some are even going so far as to assemble psychological profiles for the figure in question.

He's exausted. I'd be too if everyone suddenly became so dramatic on the issue. Nothing against ray here, he's a fine guy, but com'on, why is everyone taking this whole situation so personally?

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #219 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
mostly being functional adults here but I guess not........................

This is what I thought too, until I saw the way the mods have rushed to the aid of a man who a) is clearly capable of fighting his own battles and b) should never have publicised the matter in the first place. This is between Ray and whoever has an immediate problem with his presence, not the rest of Head-Fi. You lot taking anything said against Ray as a personal insult is very revealing. Aren't mods meant to be impartial?

And I do thank you for the threat, it's very flattering but I'll have to take a raincheck. I have nothing to disclose, and I'm not going to put undue pressure on the people that do to publicise their own grievances, though I do think it would clear the air substantially. Do we really need another war going on behind closed doors before people realise that personal issues aren't worth internet pugilistics?

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #220 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebonyks

A member, upon running his privately funded and operated meeting, who appeared to question the space conserns of a meet, did not want to encourange vendor participation. Instead of this simply flowing, the vendor in question takes it all personally, and a flame war breaks out against someone who's just trying to put some order in their private function. Some are even going so far as to assemble psychological profiles for the figure in question.

He's exausted. I'd be too if everyone suddenly became so dramatic on the issue. Nothing against ray here, he's a fine guy, but com'on, why is everyone taking this whole situation so personally?

These "privately funded and operating meeting" go on all the time. This is the first time I've heard someone be excluded, in particular a manufacturer. We know that the reason wasn't because of space so it has nothing to do with the funding or space concerns so why even bring that up.

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #221 of 369
Quote:

A member, upon running his privately funded and operated meeting, who appeared to question the space conserns of a meet, did not want to encourange vendor participation. Instead of this simply flowing, the vendor in question takes it all personally, and a flame war breaks out against someone who's just trying to put some order in their private function. Some are even going so far as to assemble psychological profiles for the figure in question.

Did you even read the thread?
rolleyes.gif

Ray asked if he would be welcome to this meet. He was declined because some members attending do not like him. And now he is asking why that is. Simple enough?

Earl, I thought you just didn't like Ray's amps, which is you know, different strokes. But I had no idea any of this was on the personal level. This is very strange and confusing.

The only person I have met in this conflict of sorts is Ray and he is among the nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I cannot imagine that he would do anything to hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable.

Please share this with the group and maybe we can talk this out. I'm serious. You two are very integral members of this forum and I believe this can be settled.

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #222 of 369
Quote:

This is what I thought too, until I saw the way the mods have rushed to the aid of a man who a) is clearly capable of fighting his own battles and b) should never have publicised the matter in the first place. This is between Ray and whoever has an immediate problem with his presence, not the rest of Head-Fi. You lot taking anything said against Ray as a personal insult is very revealing. Aren't mods meant to be impartial?

how about moderators rushing to uphold the integrity of Head-Fi ? To make the statement openly that we are "inclusive" and not playing favorites no matter how much some do and WISH others acted the same so they could make the same accusation and have it be accurate ?

Quote:

And I do thank you for the threat, it's very flattering but I'll have to take a raincheck.

Quote:

have nothing to disclose, and I'm not going to put undue pressure on the people that do to publicise their own grievances, though I do think it would clear the air substantially. Do we really need another war going on behind closed doors before people realise that personal issues aren't worth internet pugilistics?

Smart move.Do not assume my "any level" means in the physical realm.

Mentally I can and will go to battle with anyone,code of conduct or honor any time any where and if it is a question of ethics I already won the war on this one hands down.
There is no excuse and it is a dispicable act that should never have taken place

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #223 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
I am one who expressed concern; maybe the only one. I do have some personal issues with Mr. Samuels. If any of the mods wants a public rundown as to why .... so be it. But dont cry foul if I do. If one of you mods wants a private answer pass along your phone # in a PM. I will wait for a reply before I do post publically.

Let's assume that you have irrefutable evidence that you are a 100% stand up guy and that Ray is a bad person. That still wouldn't address the essential point the mods are trying to make. And that point is this: this is an open community whose members should aspire to be "big enough" to leave their personal differences aside.

If you have trouble with Ray Samuels, the answer is not to conspire to exclude him. The answer is for you not to attend the meet.

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #224 of 369
Quote:

A member, upon running his privately funded and operated meeting, who appeared to question the space conserns of a meet, did not want to encourange vendor participation.

Justin Wilson (who has, by the way, been in attendance at a meet at Ray's house) is listed as an attendee. It appears that it's only SOME vendors (with whom certain attendees apparently have an axe to grind - see the PM) whose participation the organizing member wished to discourage.

This whole thing just stinks...as has been well chronicled in this thread, Ray is one of the nicest, most decent guys that most of us have had the pleasure of meeting in this community. That's why so many members have voiced their displeasure about this.

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:08 PM Post #225 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon

And I do thank you for the threat, it's very flattering but I'll have to take a raincheck. I have nothing to disclose, and I'm not going to put undue pressure on the people that do to publicise their own grievances, though I do think it would clear the air substantially. Do we really need another war going on behind closed doors before people realise that personal issues aren't worth internet pugilistics?

It isn't so much about this person vs that person, I could really care less. It is about a publically announced meeting with underhanded personal exclusions and poor handling. You know people post 'Mini-Meet' impressions all the time with just a few select folks in attendance. Notice they don't have a posting for public attendance. I have no problem with that, and neither does anyone else. If you want to hold your own 'private' meeting, you can also organize it without using any forum resources. No complaints here. Really if you want to defend the whole, "its my party and I can cry if I want to", than don't use *any* forum resources to organize and publicise it. Either take it entirely *offline*, not just show the pretty stuff online, and keep the dirty underwear offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back