FC7 vs EX51
Nov 22, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 5
People here have hammered the Sony EX51 relative to the Sharp MD33s, but I've only heard the latter. The FC7 is a kind of fascinating tight bass sound with great highs. I wouldn't call it a highly 'accurate' but it sounds great once you become accustomed to it's particular emphasis. For portable listening, where you're often battling noise and demands, this can makes a lot of sense in it's ergonomics and dynamic and interesting quality sound.

(I'm leaning towards this kind of small closed portable headphone concept and away from canalphone after spending some time with one of each. I think you will need something like the AKG 240S or the highly regarded Sen 580 at home as well just to have some rooting in what is possible with these.)

-sf

Nov 23, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 5
I've had the EX51's before. They do a good job of blocking out sound, but yes the bass can be a bit much (as you may have noticed other people saying in other threads). For instance on my ipod, i keep the equalizer setting on flat because with the rock setting the bass starts to be kind of overpowering. Also, i only use these when working out because they go further in the ear than what i feel comfortable with...so any situation when i'm going to be listening for more than about an hour, these are out for me. The sensation just weirds me out.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back