fc7 or dt231?
Jan 26, 2005 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

psy_jc

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new pair of cans, to be used primarily in my dorm room with my iPod or laptop connected to m-audio transit. Although I already have a few pairs of headphones, I'm looking to buy a pair that isolate some outside noise (my roommate's phone conversations, mostly). I listen to almost everything except classic, instrumental jazz, and country.

I already own a pair of Sony CD780, which I am quite satisfied with, and currently are my primary cans. I also have the KSC-75's and MX400's that I use outside with my iPod. However, there is the Philips HP910 that I didn't particularly like and I'm looking to sell. Also, I've sold away PX100's (because they sounded boring in comparison to KSC-75's) and the PX200's that I used to own. As you may notice from the cans that I own/owned, I'm not necessarily looking for headphones that are "true to the sound". In other words, I guess I don't mind coloration as long as it makes the music enjoyable.

So I'm looking at DT231's, although they are not fully closed, and the FC7's, which I hear are a closed pair of cans with a fun sound. I've also considered the A500's, although they are a bit out of my budget ($80). Are there any other cans I should consider? And if not, which of these two would suit me better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back