FB2K: Window Position Resets on Load
Jun 16, 2009 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr. B

100+ Head-Fier
I posted this question at the "official" forum but it was promptly zapped because of my passing PanelsUI reference... apparently they don't like it there.

I recently installed Foobar2000 0.9.5.2 (for panelsUI) and I am having trouble with the window positioning. I have researched this problem but apparently it hasn't been much of an issue for several versions because most of what I find is rather old. I have a dual monitor setup and every time Foobar starts it opens as 500ish pixel square in the top right corner of the 1st monitor. I haven't found a "remember window position" option in preferences and I am still not sure where position information is supposed to be stores. I would happily edit any file manually to solve this problem. Can anyone tell me where this setting is saved?FB2K: Window Position Resets on Load

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello Mr. B

Are you using the quick templates they have in Panels, or a config you downloaded?

Yeah, Panels is not too welcomed anymore over there. I still use 9.5.2 on two PCs for the Panels, however, Columns has some great configs too....

If you're using a config you downloaded it will always start in the same spot and resize automatically. I can't advise on any of the default templates inFoobar..

Did you get your ASIO to work?

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm using a downloaded config, found here. This is new territory for me and I didn't find anything resembling placement coordinates in the config.

I did get ASIO working, thank you for the link.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using a downloaded config, found here. This is new territory for me and I didn't find anything resembling placement coordinates in the config.

I did get ASIO working, thank you for the link.

Great to hear ASIO is working for you...

I just downloaded and installed the config you linked and it works great. Re-sized it a bunch of times and reopened and it went right to default size and position, which in this case was centered on screen.

I have downloaded a bunch and I find the easiest way to install is just manually copy and paste in the corresponding folders in Foobar after unzipping.
With this one, all I had to do was copy and paste Erina (folder) AND Erina.pui. Place them in the Panels UI folder and that was it. I had all the other components already. Most of the time there is always a readme text that comes in handy. With some of these configs, I have had to erase and copy new script lines to make it display correctly.

My all time favorite is Ibiza (Deviantart)....It is very well organized and many features that I was looking for. It was a bear to get it right (FCL importing, scriptlines etc..)...It lets you display Album Art and Artist pics in the same pane with about 6 different pane views to choose from...But when I finished configuring it, it's awesome.....

I would try to install different configs and see if they all have the same sizing problem. Once you install a few PanelsUI ones, most of the components will be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back