Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #425 of 693
I currently have a cowon s9 paired with ciem se530. I have slight hearing loss in  my left ear and like that the cowon has the ability to L/R fade. Those that have the N1, does it have the ability to do the same?

Im waiting on a reply for a used rocoo BA, do those have the ability to fade? 

for the chance they both can fade which would you go with the N1 or BA?

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #426 of 693
Quote:
I currently have a cowon s9 paired with ciem se530. I have slight hearing loss in  my left ear and like that the cowon has the ability to L/R fade. Those that have the N1, does it have the ability to do the same?

To my knowledge the BA doesn't have that feature. I don't think the N1 will have that feature either. If that is a must for you maybe it is best to stick with the Cowon....

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #427 of 693
I would get a review going later on , would e interesting since I will be comparing it with the likes of ipods and smartphone in term of playing music
(I still can't upgrade the firmware, or get my stuff inside the music menu , instead of the folder menu , help?)
The SQ feels powerful compared to the likes of straight ipod jack, or even the galaxy note 2 , the UI is better than what I imagined, what an audio oriented object would have. the build is rock solid and not plasticky, doesn't feel like your average "china" quality.  I am rather sastified

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #429 of 693
Quote:
LOL i does have a menu for it, didnt just pull that out of a hat. look, 6th menu option.

Hmm... I'm wondering if this is another crackpot-feature like the playlist and music/artist menus on their older players? What I mean is a feature that is there yet is not useable at all :p. Hopefully not but you never know....
rolleyes.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #431 of 693
Quote:
music menu is still a"crackpot" feature on mine ,i simply cant get my external sd card musics to show up at all

On their older players the "Now Playing" feature allowed for all music on both the internal and external memory to be played together at the same time. You'd have to put it on shuffle though to have it play randomly. Not sure if they could fix that with a firmware update? But for the most part I use the Resource menu which is folder view. Probably the method you have to use to see your files. I found this method to be the fastest way to access my music opposed to the music/artis/albums options since those lag really really bad. Actually to be honest I'd use folder view regardless (unless playlists actually worked!!).... Does the N1 support playlists and does it work this time?

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #432 of 693
Quote:
Hmm... I'm wondering if this is another crackpot feature like the playlist and music/artist feature on their older players? What I mean is a feature that is there yet is not useable at all :p. Hopefully not but you never know....

thats what i thought, however i asked jack and he has said that it does have a player but isnt sure what files it uses and becuase of chinese new year he cant find out right now. AVI files trun up in the lst but say unknown format. the other files just dont turn up. maybe it just doesnt support any files at all =/ tbh i dont mind as its a music player and the screen would be too small for videos anywway, i just wanted to know for review purposes

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #433 of 693
True but still it's a feature that makes the player look bad then if it don't work. I mean I personally wouldn't give a rat's @ss myself. But there are others who will not like that the feature is there but doesn't work right lol.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #434 of 693

There are other options for you to consider, such as this cable adapter which allows you to adjust balance, Unfortnuately most audiophile players I've tried (besides Cowon) don't seem to worry about adding this feature, however best to use a work around, this way any player is still an option for you.

I'm sure there's others that can be found and this is just an example.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-AUDIO-BALANCE-VOLUME-CONTROL-Headphones-Earphones-Speaker-Extension-Cable-/110890076320?pt=AU_CablesConnectors&hash=item19d19048a0&_uhb=1

@~ Lee: Fancy seeing you here! :wink_face:

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #435 of 693
On their older players the "Now Playing" feature allowed for all music on both the internal and external memory to be played together at the same time. You'd have to put it on shuffle though to have it play randomly. Not sure if they could fix that with a firmware update? But for the most part I use the Resource menu which is folder view. Probably the method you have to use to see your files. I found this method to be the fastest way to access my music opposed to the music/artis/albums options since those lag really really bad. Actually to be honest I'd use folder view regardless (unless playlists actually worked!!).... Does the N1 support playlists and does it work this time?

guess i am just used to the like of ipod uis, or poweramps or other uis that scan the player,i sometimes want to listen to albums , and sometime to artists ,and some of my mp3 doesnt even have the basic tags due to thembeing recordings of a friend singing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back