Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Jan 7, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #302 of 693
Same here, payment done. So waiting 1 more month for the package to arrive :p

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #303 of 693
Quote:
Same here, payment done. So waiting 1 more month for the package to arrive :p

Yeap.. hope there will be no problem with the custom..
etysmile.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #307 of 693
Oh, they sent me the Nova today, or at least i got the email, because the tracking number is not active yet. 
So... the month begins :p (i hope they do not stop the item at customs)

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #308 of 693
My N1 is arrived today. And check the sound, UI. This is my first review of N1.

Appearance and feel
I like the design and size. Non-polish back serface is also good to hold. I was surprised the light weight.

Function and usability
Multiple line display is good! It is easy to see the music list and good to know how many steps to go to the target
music. The bigest improvement for me is "No CMI Initializing"! I coulld hot plug the TF card and the system recognized it
immidiately. During music play, seven touch switch. Up and down is for volume. right and left is for index skip. upper left
is for to upper layer. upper right is for EQ. We can change EQ in playing, but I think it should be locateed deeper.
After choice music sometime first applox 1sec. music missing. I do not know it caused by fade in or by system.
Video play, Radio and Recording functions are also available. However I mis go into there easily by mis-touch.
So it will be better the main menu shown items are editable. There no pop noize by operation in playing music.
The background dot pattern is not the best to see main menu. Hope to change plain pattern.

The sound
I have and normally use ZUNE HD and RoCooP. So this is my thoughts comparing with two DAP.
The sound is no hiss. In stead of this, the sound get warm or unfocus a little bit. but the resolution is not bad for me.
The bass is not so strong what I expected and smaller than two DAPs I have above.
The sound power is smaller than RoCooP mostly 2/3. I could hear the sound 17/32 level by RoCooP with N1
max sound. the level is higher than ZUNE HD. The sound stage is wide, but not much. 
If you enjoy the vocal, choice EQ to HiFi. For instrumental, I reccomend to choise EQ to HSA V1.0.

Hisound new N1 is high CP model. UI get much better even still have some points tough. The sound is clear
comparing the recent model becaue no hiss.
In this time I bought both N1 and N3. I would looking forward N3 comming by N1 aging.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #312 of 693
I used N1 in this four days. then I found the bass get better.
The battery life aroung 8 to10 hoursfrom full charge to get low battery alarm.
We do not know the condition to keep 20 hours running. I like to know.
Jack has uploaded the laterst firmware and the instructions on their web site http://bbs.hisoundaudio.net/read.php?tid=8051
You need to resit the site and get it. All documens are writen by Chinese.
This time the firmware should be uploaded to N1..So we need PC and connect N1 then upgrade.
Unfortunately, I have faced the error on my PC. I guess some other for chinese Windows7 member would be
no problem.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #313 of 693
oh so there is somebody who got one! :O then how does it compare 2 other mp3 players in the market, let's say cowon, clip+ or ur zune, is there a big big difference in sound quality? and it only comes in chinese? :/

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #314 of 693
Hi YOT. Thanks for your review. Would you be able tell me if the N1 has a resume feature? As in, if I am listening to a track and switch off the player, can I come back to the same point in the track when I switch it back on again?

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #315 of 693
I really like how it looks. Looks very sleek and stylish :). Hopefully it sounds as good as it looks.
tongue_smile.gif

What about the build quality? Does it look to be durable? I at least noticed that across the board on hisound products, they tend to be on the sturdier side....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back