Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Nov 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #106 of 693
Yes you are right its a soc but the when everything else is limited by the hardware, there are only so many paramaters you can work within.  People think youu can make chicken salad from chickensh... (I dont include yourself in this category mr vibes) Card slot yes they added a card slot and bravo for doing so they had to, they were going to get slaughtered without it, they also have a different UI skin than the player the nova is alleged to be and have changed the casing as is their perogative to, I believe, make it seem like a bespoke designed product, codecs will inherently be the same as the original product due to the use of a the sigmatel chips good support, the amp stage will most likely I am told also be of the Maxim variety.   

I must admit I know it isn't pure of me but i do occasionally shove the occasional BBE on when i dont have my Zo :D    guilty pleasures and all

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #107 of 693
I was overwhelmed by friend's RoCoo P and I hope that the NOVA will be on the same level.
It will be my first audiophile equipment. I own a crappy Zen X-Fi 2 with Senneheiser CX 400 II. It will be a massive difference.

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #109 of 693
Quote:
Yes you are right its a soc but the when everything else is limited by the hardware, there are only so many paramaters you can work within.  People think youu can make chicken salad from chickensh... (I dont include yourself in this category mr vibes) Card slot yes they added a card slot and bravo for doing so they had to, they were going to get slaughtered without it, they also have a different UI skin than the player the nova is alleged to be and have changed the casing as is their perogative to, I believe, make it seem like a bespoke designed product, codecs will inherently be the same as the original product due to the use of a the sigmatel chips good support, the amp stage will most likely I am told also be of the Maxim variety.   

I must admit I know it isn't pure of me but i do occasionally shove the occasional BBE on when i dont have my Zo :D    guilty pleasures and all

I got the bbe app on my touch and I just can't find a setting I prefer to not but that's me. Viva la difference.
bigsmile_face.gif
 Codecs can be written in just like the FW. Almost every FW change on my clip has a sonic variable and Rockbox uses different codecs on the same SOC. All seem to measure flat.

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #110 of 693
Can we get an IP address check on these low post members?.  These are almost carbon copies of stuff appearing on other sites.

No, I'm real...
But I'm noobish in those things.

Don't you think that the NOVO + Wooduo 2 could be a good start at a relatively low price (with price promotion)?
I don't want to pay 500 dollars or more for a player + headphones (or even 1000).

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #111 of 693
Quote:
Don't you think that the NOVO + Wooduo 2 could be a good start at a relatively low price (with price promotion)?

i would at the very very least wait until he player is released, why order something from a company that has had numerous issues with its other players and take over2/3 years to get there "top of the line" player right.  Wait for fact than purchasing on blind faith it may turn out good but your running the risk of another lemon.  Havent heard good things on the wooduo 2  heard they sound like average budget bass stuff and that market is flooded with numerous options.  Throw in that your on a budget then take a look at the mh1c from sony, that isn't hype its excellent.

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #112 of 693
i would at the very very least wait until he player is released, why order something from a company that has had numerous issues with its other players and take over2/3 years to get there "top of the line" player right.  Wait for fact than purchasing on blind faith it may turn out good but your running the risk of another lemon.  Havent heard good things on the wooduo 2  heard they sound like average budget bass stuff and that market is flooded with numerous options.  Throw in that your on a budget then take a look at the mh1c from sony, that isn't hype its excellent.

I think the highest risk is that the touchpad could be messed up.
If it's not substantially worse than the RoCoo P I'll be happy with it.
I usually like bassy headphones for Hardcore Punk or Thrash Metal.

Preorders are almost 50% off. I'll resell it if it's crappy. Probably without much loss (exept for it's totally useless due to a bad touchpad or so).

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #113 of 693
Yeh that makes no sense, They have in the past had many many more issues than just a touchpad. But by all means go ahead and good luck.   So you just signed up for news of this obscure player..........  
rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #114 of 693
It's amazing how quick the world starts owing you something you didnt even know about ten minutes ago. The "low post members" mystery revealed in the first post btw, Your Majesty 500+ headfier, Sir.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #115 of 693
Quote:
Havent heard good things on the wooduo 2  heard they sound like average budget bass stuff and that market is flooded with numerous options.  Throw in that your on a budget then take a look at the mh1c from sony, that isn't hype its excellent.

out of interest, where have you not heard good things about the wooduo? personally i have only seen 2 reviews and have done one myself, and they all say the same sort of thing, that they are a really excellent bass iem...you can see the reviews herehttp://www.head-fi.org/t/620212/hisoundaudio-wooduo-impressions-reviews-discussion-thread

also now that the pyrrho has said he like a bassy iem, i really dont think you can go wrong with the wooduo, not at the price they seem to be going for

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #116 of 693
SO SERIOUSLY THOUGH ARE WE NOT GOING TO GET AN ANSWER ON THE WHETHER THE 10 HOUR BATTERY IS WITH FLAC OR NOT, AND AT WHAT LEVEL (%) VOLUME THEY CLAIM TO ACHIEVE THIS AT?    

THEY AVOIDED THE MICRO SD CARD QUESTION UNTIL H20 POSTED THE PRIVATE MAIL AND SEEM TO BE SKIMPING ON THE ANSWER HERE ALSO.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #118 of 693
Hello...

There's an expansion slot...

and some people like me are interested...

Hisoundaudio sound is good and if the next players can correct some weaknesses of the previous player (ui), it would be nice...

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #120 of 693
there's another thread of the nova... go and see...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629679/edit-hisound-audio-to-release-new-dap-product-line-nova-with-micro-sd-card-support/150

They listened to lot of complains and decided to put one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back