Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
Oct 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #62 of 693
Quote:
"There is no any perfect player can satisify each consumer's all requirment. Every player is compromised some thing."

I have always said this, if a player has a clean line out (or even better a digital line out) plus 32 GB inteneral memory it will satisfy a large portion of us. Some of us will always bypass the amp section regardless of how good it is. If a company is out there smart enough to produce a DAP with has a decent DAC section and expansion capability and explicity state that this is made based on the assumption that the amp will be bypassed it will attract a large audience.

In now day and age 8 gigabye is really below average. It will be very hard for you to compete  against something like ipod touch with such a great UI. Not matter how good your player will sound it will only attract a very small population. Even the folks in ordinary world will like at least 16 GB. It will be very hard to sell an eight GB DAP with such a UI to the mass consumers, they will never care about the amp section as they will not realize its potential (how many consumer you know which will use a high quality IEM). 

Much as I'd love to see an ampless DAP, I don't think it's marketable to mass consumers either. But if you meant that Hisound should stop trying to please the casual folks and start catering to us, then you definitely have a point. A nice sounding DAP that doesn't make you pay for the amp you'll bypass anyway would make a great budget-friendly audiophile product. Not sure such a product is Hisound's cup of tea (I get a feeling they love building amps), but I think there's a market for those.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #63 of 693
Quote:
Much as I'd love to see an ampless DAP, I don't think it's marketable to mass consumers either. But if you meant that Hisound should stop trying to please the casual folks and start catering to us, then you definitely have a point. A nice sounding DAP that doesn't make you pay for the amp you'll bypass anyway would make a great budget-friendly audiophile product. Not sure such a product is Hisound's cup of tea (I get a feeling they love building amps), but I think there's a market for those.

I believe in hisound engineers, it is that the marketing guys I dont really like :-D

Have a simple search  on headfi (which by the way is not the only audio enthusiast forum) you will see how high is the demand for a DAP which can play 24/96 files.

I honestly do not know how hard it is to built a DAP which can play 24/96 files but if anyone can do it I am sure the hisound guys can do it. I believe a DAP with 24/96 capability, with dac quality as prioirty and expandable slot, priced below 500 USD will sell like hot cakes!

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #64 of 693
Quote:
I believe in hisound engineers, it is that the marketing guys I dont really like :-D

Have a simple search  on headfi (which by the way is not the only audio enthusiast forum) you will see how high is the demand for a DAP which can play 24/96 files.

I honestly do not know how hard it is to built a DAP which can play 24/96 files but if anyone can do it I am sure the hisound guys can do it. I believe a DAP with 24/96 capability, with dac quality as prioirty and expandable slot, priced below 500 USD will sell like hot cakes!

Well, iBasso did it, so it's not entirely impossible, it's just not cheap (and you have to pay for the amp once again). Colorfly did it too, you just have to resort to uncompressed wav if you want 24/48 or 24/96. Heck, even my rockboxed D2+ plays at least 24/48 flacs. Not sure it does a terrific job with them, but they sound decent with what gear I have and it definitely saves me the hassle of downconverting a few vinyl rips I have every time I want to upload them to my player.

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #65 of 693
Hi, Headfier:

After listening to your opinions, We are going to amend the design. We will built in the SD card slot .  The releasing date will be prolong for about 15 days. which will be on 15th , Nov. 2012.

By the way, the pre order will be prolong too. 

Thanks.

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #66 of 693
Quote:
Hi, Headfier:

After listening to your opinions, We are going to amend the design. We will built in the SD card slot .  The releasing date will be prolong for about 15 days. which will be on 15th , Nov. 2012.

Thanks.

Dang, I just ordered a 5.5G ipod.
Oh well, maybe I'll pick up one of these in a few years

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #67 of 693
The product could be a nice option if you were looking for a small Cowon or iPod Nano. Smart thing you added a SD card slot. This makes the player very interesting. Now I want to test it how it sounds with the Merlins I ordered :)

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #68 of 693
Quote:
Hi, Headfier:

Thanks.

Heyyy!!

Great news. I'll be getting one for sure.

PS: I'm not that fussed about high resolution bitrate music playback capabilities. In general on headfi there is a demand for it but it's not a major one I think for portable devices.

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #71 of 693
Quote:

Demand would be low enough that tooling for it couldn't be amortized enough to save you anything. A line out is the fix but the amp in something like the Studio is already quite good.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #72 of 693
Quote:
Hi, Headfier:

Thanks.

Damn, now I need to consider it.
eek.gif

I know you can't be very specific at this time but how much of a delay are we looking at to get the card slot incorporated?

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #75 of 693
Hi. new member here :)

Anyway i was referred to this Pre-order from another forum, and i am interested to give Hisound a try.

I lost my Sony mp3 player a while back, and i hope this player will be able to provide what sony had been giving me, small sized travel player. But the difference will be playing FLAC files and the superb SQ (according to the previous products). Best part is the update of the SD card support, which mean i do not have to intentionally keep mp3 files. FLAC for all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back