Favre Watch
May 27, 2010 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Pepsi

500+ Head-Fier
I am a huge Favre fan, i know people here have negative feelings towards him, please keep it to yourselves. I just thought i'd make a thread about him regarding his return to the 2010 season, do you think he will return? From my point of view, he just had surgery on his left ankle, and he has released information saying it would be required if he were to return. I think from that it's a pretty good chance he'll be returning. 
dt880smile.png

May 27, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 25
Chances of Favre returning are close to 100%. You don't need ankle surgery to ride a tractor. I'm curious to see how he manages to dodge training camp this year, since he's already under contract.

May 28, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 25
I'm really a Packers fan, but still enjoy watching Favre play because he was the original reason of why I am a Packers fan to begin with. I hope he does return as well, and I think he will. It's a shame that he keeps throwing game crushing picks in the post season though.

May 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 25
It will most definitely be a treat watching him play again, i too loved watching the packers, i will never forget Superbowl 31, but i am an original Vikings fan regardless. Even if he does come back it will be a tough tough season if you've seen our schedule, the opener says it all. I'm hoping for some revenge.

May 28, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 25
Damn, Good for HIM and all of his FANS!   Just like the rest of us, maybe "HEALTH CARE" cost after retirement was the reason??? (out of text, but GO BLACK HAWKS)

May 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 25
Welcome to the turmoil that we had for the past 5 years, we he come back!?!?! I'm just glad that it's over for me, it really cast a pall over his career. He's a great athlete, though.

May 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #8 of 25
Yeah, I see Favre in a different light now, he's seemed God-like before, just in the way that it seemed like he could do nothing wrong. Not saying he is a bad person, or that he did anything immoral but, you can see that he's far from perfect. I still respect him though, as a person and athlete.

May 29, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 25
I will admit his retirement problem did get a little old, but i don't think it's enough to lose respect for the guy. He's grown as a person, and yes it's bad to go back on your word but come on, it's football, and besides his family this is his life. I don't blame the guy, you get old you start having double thoughts, maybe you should go, but then you realize you just can't let go just yet. I love football, and damn do i miss the high school days. I'd give anything to play the NCAA but my physical nature just won't allow me. 

May 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #11 of 25
If a team still wants him I have no problem with him having come out of retirement.  I too am a huge Packers and Favre and Favre was the reason the Packers became the team I cheer for, and not being a fair-weather fan, still do.  But Favre is the player who most, to me, plays the game the way it should be played.  With enthusiasm, passion and the ability to remember that it's a game.  That's why I love watching him play.  And it's fun watching the gunslinger come out as well!

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #13 of 25

Quote:
If a team still wants him I have no problem with him having come out of retirement.  I too am a huge Packers and Favre and Favre was the reason the Packers became the team I cheer for, and not being a fair-weather fan, still do.  But Favre is the player who most, to me, plays the game the way it should be played.  With enthusiasm, passion and the ability to remember that it's a game.  That's why I love watching him play.  And it's fun watching the gunslinger come out as well!

If any other QB made the "gunslinger" throws Favre does, the kind that are as likely to sink his team as to help them, they would be called reckless or worse. There is a reason Favre holds the record for interceptions - he makes too many ill-advised throws, or flat out throws the playbook out the window. He's like a slugger with no patience at the plate. He's had a great career, but his best years have been when he's played disciplined football and not been the gunslinger.

I would be highly surprised (read stunned) if he didn't play this season, all the talk about his ankle, etc. is just to avoid training camp.

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #14 of 25
I hope he comes back.  I just like to watch him play.  I am a Cowboys fan, so there is always a chance I will regret that wish.

Quote:
Favre holds the record for interceptions

There is a reason why people love the guy. When his team is down by 21 points, he will continue throwing bombs down the field at the risk of hurting his quarterback rating. Unfortunately, he went through a stretch with bad receivers, crappy defensive players, and no running game, so the Packers found themselves down by several touchdowns in a lot of games. Favre never quits (which is the reason no one should be surprised that he wanted to continue playing).

Also, he holds the records for Career Passing Yards, Career Passing Attempts, Career Completions, Career Touchdown Passes, Career Wins as a Starting QB, and he has the record for most Consecutive Games Started. He also won three consecutive MVP awards.  Many people love to throw around (no pun intended) his career interception total, but somehow forget the other stuff he has done. 

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #15 of 25
I've sweated through far too many Favre retirements to believe that he isn't going to die on the field, crushed by the ghost of Reggie White for his infidelities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back