Favourite Led Zeppelin Song?
Sep 16, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #47 of 74
I just heard this song a couple days ago called "Good Times, Bad Times". Quite a short song, but I love it. The double bass rocks.

As a matter of fact, I'm listening to "Dancing Days" right now.

Sep 17, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #49 of 74
"What Is and What Should Never Be"

but i have a soft spot for "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" (for that acoustic guitar!) and "When The Levee Breaks" (the drums! THE DRUMS! mic'd in a mansion's stairway -- why don't people do things like that anymore!??)

and if adhoc is still looking: for just an album to get, go with Led Zeppelin IV --- variety in spades and every song is a "hit"

Sep 17, 2004 at 12:55 PM Post #50 of 74
Babe I'm gonna leave you is defenetly one of the coolest songs. I love it too. Led Zepp II is really cool to listen to through headphones 'cause the front singer's voice change from left to right all the time. IMO it's #2 which's the best.

Sep 17, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #51 of 74
After listenning to Led Zepplin for more than decades, IMO 'Stairway to heaven' is still the best, in fact i have just listen to it few days ago. The rest now seem "Dazed and confused" to me now.

Sep 18, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #52 of 74
From the poll list, my favorite is No Quarter, which has one of the nastiest and darkest Jimmy Page riffs. Stairway is too played out for me to listen often.

Hey Hey What Can I Do deserves an honorable mention as the most fun song. Up there with Ramble On.

I Can't Quit You Babe is a classic and Achilles Last Stand is also a nasty one.

Sep 18, 2004 at 2:32 AM Post #53 of 74
Stairway to Heaven is my favorite, seeing how good they did this song at the Fillmore East just blew me away.(Showing My Age
tongue.gif
).

Sep 18, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #54 of 74
Rock 'n Roll
Custard Pie
Dazed and Confused

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #56 of 74
even though i just voted for "when the levee breaks", i completely forgot about "that's the way" off of III...i think they did more focused acoustic songs but something about that one completely draws my attention everytime i hear it...i can't drive or read or anything when it's on...so that's my fav!!

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #57 of 74
"Nobody's Fault But Mine"

Because it's just so true.

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #58 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Lately, I'm finding Physical Graffiti has alot of depth but it is a double album.
Houses of the Holy is another fav of mine. These are probably not at the top of most peoples lists. I've been listening to Zep a long time though (actually saw them live) and I'm really digging these two albums right now.
CPW

We must have the same tastes, they're my two favorites as well.
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #59 of 74
I'm a big fan of Physical Graffiti myself, but another top favorite of mine would have to be Presence.

Sep 20, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #60 of 74
A bit OT:

So, today I listend to 'Stairways...' twice and realized I have absolutly no idea what this song is about! So could somebody please explain what the lyric is all 'bout?

Thanks,
Rasmus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back