Favorite TV show? (i.e. what's on your TIVO?)
Apr 26, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
So we're only talking about American TV shows. I like to catch Boston Legal and House.

Hm, for non-american, I found The Office (the UK version with Ricky Gervais as the boss) very funny. A new show on BBC called The Street I also found kind of interesting, it's going to premiere it's third episode this Friday.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #18 of 32
Believe it or not, I actually started watching American Idol last week (never watched an episode before)

Its the thing I look most forward too now. CSI is getting boring and there are no likable people left on Survivor and Amazing Race.

X-Files will remain my most fave tv show
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #19 of 32
It's all about [size=x-large]24[/size]

After that I'd vote:

Mail Call
CSI: Las Vegas
Seinfeld repeats
Who's Line repeats
Grey's Anatomy

Oh and Corwin's Quest on Discovery HD
icon10.gif

Apr 26, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #20 of 32
The reason I posted this thread is to see what other people are watching and see what I should try to watch since I am ALWAYS watching the same stuff...

It does NOT have to be American TV, some of the best TV shows are non-American, "Are you being served?" (BBC), MSX and Iron-Chef (Japanese)...

What are some REALLY funny comedies (besides the ones I know...Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Malcolm in the Middle, MASH, Cheers, Everybody Loves Raymond, Two and a Half Man, That70's Show, Frasier, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Home Improvement...)

Apr 26, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #21 of 32
Good Eats
Penn and Teller's Bullsh!t
NYPD Blue

I'd throw in Iron Chef Japan, but they just cut back the episodes to one a week and replaced them with the craptastic American version.

Shows I watch more casually are American Justice, City Confidential, Decoding the Past, Declassified, World's Wildest Police Chases(every time I start to get tired an amazing episode shows up), Futurama, Family Guy (southpark ain' what it used to be), the Bookdocks, various historical shows about Mao, Stalin, Hitler, the Koran the Bible and my favorite which comes on once a week on the history channel at 3:30 on saturday mornings: 10000 Day War: Vietnam.

Apr 26, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #22 of 32
Well I don't have a tivo or watch a lot of tv, but here are my current favorites:
West Wing (hasn't been the same since Aaorn Sorkin left).
Battlestar Galactica - the new one, by far best show on tv now.
Gray's Anatomy-just seen a few of these, but surprisingly good.
Rescue Me - mix between darma and comedy on FX.

Apr 26, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Battlestar Galactica - the new one, by far best show on tv now.

I got to check that one out...I think it has one of the highest votes so far...

Apr 26, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #25 of 32
Holy schlotzkees imho, you watch a lot of tv! The wife and I make monday nights a ritual around the house. Not much gets done. Our night revolves around
Prison Break and
24. 24 takes top honors, but PB is one of our faves. She watches american idol (yuck) and we tivo
csi,
House, and
seinfeld (although I swear we have seen every episode 236 times...). We used to tivo
Arrested Development (sadly, this had been cancelled... what a shame) and
MXC, as well as some others... TIVO is the coolest invention though, we love it!
Slade

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #26 of 32
I have no TiVo as I really don't watch TV, but two shows I've been watching on consistent basis are 24 and Scrubs. I also like My Name Is Earl, but I'm waiting for the season DVD to come in the fall since I usually can't watch it due to my schedule.

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #27 of 32
Prison Break is my latest obsession though I still tune in to Alias (recording it as I type). I also watch Grey's Anatomy not entirely because I love the show, but because my friends watch it as well, and it's fun to talk about it on Mondays. If I actually received decent reception to the tv station it shows on, I'd totally be addicted to Veronica Mars.

I casually watch the Simpsons, Family Guy, and Futurama. I like a little Scrubs once in a while too.

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #28 of 32
I really liked Alias for the first few seasons, then it got really unrealistic and I got tired of, your dad is good, your dad is bad, now he's good again... especially since that happened with EVERY character. Also, your mom is dead, your mom isn't dead, your mom is dead again, but now she's alive... and it turned into a science fiction series for me at the end of season 4, just very far fetched... And I got really tired of Milo Rambaldi whatever the crap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back