Favorite True Wireless IEM's?
May 5, 2021 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jacobguy

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone! You guys have helped me with several IEM's such as the Shure SE215's IBASSO IT00's and the Kinera Seed Yin all of which have been great but I'm looking for a pair of true wireless earbuds for working out.

My budget is 50-150, I'd like them to have good isolation and decent sound quality, and I'd like them to be sleek.

right now I'm looking at the Galaxy buds+, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jacob

May 5, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 8
Hey everyone! You guys have helped me with several IEM's such as the Shure SE215's IBASSO IT00's and the Kinera Seed Yin all of which have been great but I'm looking for a pair of true wireless earbuds for working out.

My budget is 50-150, I'd like them to have good isolation and decent sound quality, and I'd like them to be sleek.

right now I'm looking at the Galaxy buds+, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jacob

U can ask more in the dedicated TWS thread on headfi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

In general, wireless gear doesn't sound as great as something wired, in terms of dynamics and maybe loss of subbass/higher treble, but they are catching up.

Personally I use the TRN T300 for exercising as a TWS set. Great tonality, U shaped, has charging case, fits well, good connectivity. It has about 3 - 4 hours battery life per charge.

Another option to consider, is to use a BT adapter, something like the TRN BT20, TRN BT20S, TRN BT20S Pro or iBasso CF01. That allows you to use a detachable IEM with it. So u can keep the IEM that you like for the sound signature. These BT adapters are generally better sounding than the average TWS. I actually use the iBasso IT00 as a wireless set with the above BT adapters, so that's something to consider.

TWS are limited by battery life (after repeated charges the battery tends to drop). And it is also limited by BT codec/obsolecence. So in a way, getting a BT adapter thing can help preserve the IEM as you can just get another model and keep your favourite IEM that you are familiar with.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 8
U can ask more in the dedicated TWS thread on headfi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

In general, wireless gear doesn't sound as great as something wired, in terms of dynamics and maybe loss of subbass/higher treble, but they are catching up.

Personally I use the TRN T300 for exercising as a TWS set. Great tonality, U shaped, has charging case, fits well, good connectivity. It has about 3 - 4 hours battery life per charge.

Another option to consider, is to use a BT adapter, something like the TRN BT20, TRN BT20S, TRN BT20S Pro or iBasso CF01. That allows you to use a detachable IEM with it. So u can keep the IEM that you like for the sound signature. These BT adapters are generally better sounding than the average TWS. I actually use the iBasso IT00 as a wireless set with the above BT adapters, so that's something to consider.

TWS are limited by battery life (after repeated charges the battery tends to drop). And it is also limited by BT codec/obsolecence. So in a way, getting a BT adapter thing can help preserve the IEM as you can just get another model and keep your favourite IEM that you are familiar with.
Wow dude I post here like twice a year and your always the first response! Gotta say thanks for that man!

Those TRN T300's are literally perfect, they fit the bill in every way. My only concern is size (I have had cauliflower ear from wrestling for years but it's gotten significantly worse) how are they in size comparison to the IT00's? Any chance you could attach a photo?

As for the BT adapters I'm hesitant because it's another thing to carry in my pocket while running or at the gym, and I don't understand it, wouldn't you have to add something to the MMCX port to make it wireless? Wow that sentence was a mess but I'm not fixing it right now lol.

And sorry for not posting in the thread I saw it, saw it was 2000 pages long and figured I wouldn't get any responses. Probably dont need to now though!

Thanks!

May 6, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 8
Wow dude I post here like twice a year and your always the first response! Gotta say thanks for that man!

Those TRN T300's are literally perfect, they fit the bill in every way. My only concern is size (I have had cauliflower ear from wrestling for years but it's gotten significantly worse) how are they in size comparison to the IT00's? Any chance you could attach a photo?

As for the BT adapters I'm hesitant because it's another thing to carry in my pocket while running or at the gym, and I don't understand it, wouldn't you have to add something to the MMCX port to make it wireless? Wow that sentence was a mess but I'm not fixing it right now lol.

And sorry for not posting in the thread I saw it, saw it was 2000 pages long and figured I wouldn't get any responses. Probably dont need to now though!

Thanks!

K i will try to put some photos later. The TRN T300 is larger than the IT00 in size, but it is still rather comfortable. I've average sized ears, and I exercise with the TRN T300 for hours with no problems in comfort.

BT adapters look something like this:
1562689333-aad9fc9bb8cda69da78a4a8a63c7e084-1200x900.jpg

U hook it over the ear, and the IEM is attached to the pin.

Looks something like this after it is worn (credit for the picture goes to this site: https://moisescardona.me/the-trn-bt20-iem-2-pin-0-78mm-bluetooth-adapter/):

15.jpg

May 9, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 8

Thanks!

Hi friend

here's a photo of the TRN T300 versus the iBasso IT00:

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-09 at 16.55.12 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-05-09 at 16.55.12.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back