Favorite theme / soundtrack
May 18, 2002 at 2:46 PM Post #31 of 43
"Baraka" & "Chronos"... two Ron Fricke films/IMAX. Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan (Kirk: Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!) Field Of Dreams, other assorted John Williams. Can't forget Jerry Goldsmith's The Enforcer, Capricorn 1, Outland. I was a soundtrack collector for a long time. Everyone here old enough to remember actual records?
wink.gif
I'm working on a tribute show to ZZ Top. We had to go to a second hand store to pick up some of their old albums. Ahhhh... the days of album artwork. I still miss it.

May 18, 2002 at 9:30 PM Post #33 of 43
Robocop...i love that orchestra music used throughout the movie, really adds a lot of emotion to the movie. I wonder if this is available anywhere.

I definitely second Forrest Gump sdtk, it's a collection of who was who back in the 50's and 60's.

Grosse Point Blank also gets my thumbs up, really cool stuff to jam to

wink.gif

May 21, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #36 of 43
Favorite Theme:
The Hunt for Red October

Favorite Soundtracks (can't list just one)
Blues Brothers - wore out two tapes and a car tapedeck
Sleepless in Seattle - ok, so the redneck is an old softy. Can I help it if they pick really good music for Meg Ryan movies? (eg. When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail )

smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2002 at 12:15 AM Post #37 of 43
Anything by Danny Elfman is great, but I have to say that Edward Scissorhands (I've lost my copy, bollocks!) and Nightmare before Christmas are just the best soundtracks out there, IMHO. Oh, yeah, apart from Star Wars 4 and 5. And Twin Peaks. And Schindler's List.
And anything with Philip Glass. Who needs the actual film, just sit back and enjoy the music with your eyes closed!
Andrew

May 22, 2002 at 8:14 AM Post #38 of 43
Not sure if this counts, but my favorite sounding movie has to be "Super Speedway," the imax film about formula one racing. The songs on it are alright, but the sound of the cars is exhilerating. You should check out the Mach II special edition of the DVD, it has Dolby DTS.

May 28, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #41 of 43
I am not sure that it is my favorite but I just watched Vanilla Sky and the soundtrack was a joy to listen to. It added to the story.

May 29, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #42 of 43
I am not gay!!! I'm straight as an arrow strategically aimed at women.

I like the soundtrack from the new animated movie Spirit < by pixar

OST by Bryan Adams

I also liked the trailer that featured Michelle Branch's song.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back