Favorite theme / soundtrack
Feb 2, 2002 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Audio-Me

Headphoneus Supremus
List your favorite theme songs and soundtracks

Theme: Ronin
Soundtrack: Gladiator Score & Mission Impossible II Score both by Hans Zimmer featuring Lisa Gerrard

Feb 2, 2002 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 43
Don't know if this qualifies, but love Curtis Mayfield "Superfly".

Feb 2, 2002 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 43
Sound Track is still the original "Star Wars" John Williams/LSO.

Best song from a movie, "Walk on the Wild Side" which I think was also the name of the movie which I didn't really like.

Also, there was a guy that was a little bit better known as an actor than a singer but sang "Thunder Road" from the movie. Robert Mitchum. Thank God he kept his day job, but he seemed to really fit that song.

Feb 2, 2002 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 43
Individual song: "If We Hold on Together" by Diana Ross, from the Land Before Time soundtrack
Soundtrack: Princess Mononoke, Land Before Time

Feb 2, 2002 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 43
My favorite soundtrack of all time is "Passion" -- the soundtrack to "Last Temptation of Christ." It's performed by Peter Gabriel, but is based on traditional and contemporary African and Middle Eastern works.

Feb 3, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #6 of 43
Themes: Ghost in the Shell, Edward Scissorhands, Shaft

Soundtracks: Koyaanisqatsi, Hindle Wakes, The Keep

I'm sure there's about a zillion others.

Feb 3, 2002 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 43
The soundtrack to O' Brother Where Art Thou is really great. Just up my street with all that Bluegrass. Anything that showcases the Cox Family and Alison Krauss can't be all bad.

Gladiator. Enough Said

Lord Of the Rings. A little bit odd? but quite nice to listen to all the same.

Star Wars: A New Hope by John Williams. Most people would agree that this is a great soundtrack and well worth listening to twice.

Paint Your Wagon. I got this on Vinyl as part of somebody collection that I bought and thought it would be crap but on listening to it, it's quite interetsing. Lee Marvin - Wandrin' Star

Anywhich Way But Loose. Again on Vinyl. Got the two Vinyl LP's from the two movies. The cover is great with a big picture of Clyde the ape on the front. The music is also quite good to listen to as well. Stuff from Mel Tillis, Charlie Rich, Sondra Locke and a few others make it an enjoyable listen. Typical late '70s country.

My favourite opening tune from a TV series is the one from Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. The track is part of "Journey Of The Sorcerer" by the Eagles from their One Of These Nights album.

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2002 at 5:39 AM Post #8 of 43
****, nearly forgot.

Run Lola Run. German movie with a great techno/house soundtrack.

Dead Man Walking. Great tracks from Steve Earle, Suzanne Vega, Michelle Shocked and Tom Waits.

Feb 3, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 43
Theme: Back to The Future

Soundtrack: Star Wars The Empire Stikes Back

Feb 4, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #13 of 43
This will probably get a head-fi posse after me, but, uh, I think the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack is superior to Gladiator's. I also like it better than Peter Gabriel's 'Last Temptation of Christ', and the LotR and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon soundtracks.

I think the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack isn't nearly well enough known around here. It's really an exceptional piece of music.

Feb 4, 2002 at 4:27 AM Post #14 of 43
James Horner score to the movie Glory. Requiem for a dream, Cinema Paradiso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back