Favorite The Who album
Aug 16, 2008 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

souledout

New Head-Fier
I just recently got into The Who and wondering which The Who album is your favorite? My personal favorite is Who Are You.

Aug 17, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 31
Oh, the overwhelming favorite Who album has gotta be Who's Next......but Quadrophenia, Tommy, Live at Leeds, The Who Sell Out, and Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy are all worth checking out.....

Please note Meaty Beaty etc is a compilation, but a very interesting one because it focuses on the early singles.

Another great album is their Debut (My Generation).

After that you have a pretty sturdy Who collection.

Aug 17, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, the overwhelming favorite Who album has gotta be Who's Next......but Quadrophenia, Tommy, Live at Leeds, The Who Sell Out, and Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy are all worth checking out.....

Please note Meaty Beaty etc is a compilation, but a very interesting one because it focuses on the early singles.

Another great album is their Debut (My Generation).

After that you have a pretty sturdy Who collection.

Couldn't have said it better. the Who was my favorite band in my twenties.

Aug 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 31
I hate to be the guy that drops the name of the live album but in this instance it is truly warranted. Live at Leeds is one of the best live albums ever in my opinion. Up there with Live at the Apollo.

Aug 17, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 31
Who's Next, with an honorable mention to Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy. They're inevitably what I put on when I want to hear the Who.

Aug 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 31
Clearly, it's Who's Next. No contest.

Honorable mention to Live At Leeds.

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #11 of 31
Tommy

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quadrophenia is a stunning album and just beats Who's Next in a photo finish.

wink.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quadrophenia is a stunning album and just beats Who's Next in a photo finish.

I think this may be true for a lot of devoted Who fans, such as yourself. But I think for the Who newcomer, and for someone who really likes the who without being devoted to them, the best Who album has been Who's Next eversince its release...........Two of the greatest anthems of rock on that album, and absolutely no filler......every song is gold, and most get extensive radioplay.

Aug 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #14 of 31
wink_face.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this may be true for a lot of devoted Who fans, such as yourself. But I think for the Who newcomer, and for someone who really likes the who without being devoted to them, the best Who album has been Who's Next eversince its release...........Two of the greatest anthems of rock on that album, and absolutely no filler......every song is gold, and most get extensive radioplay.

I know what you are saying,but if I could only have one who album it would have to be Quadrophenia. I know what you are saying about Who's Next and that is probably the one the OP should try next...but once you work your way to Quadrophenia there is no going back.

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #15 of 31
Who's Next is their best overall album, but I prefer Quadraphenia by a significant margin. I honestly think it is one of the best rock albums of all time, and it is probably my favorite of all time, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back