Favorite songs from 80's and 90's
Nov 7, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #591 of 2,411
I listen to pop of the 60's ,70's,80's and 90's.
I don't like the pop of today,sure there will be good music .
For me i there is more emotion ,better text in the music in the past decades.
Why they use distortion in the voice now i dont like it.

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #592 of 2,411
I listen to pop of the 60's ,70's,80's and 90's.
I don't like the pop of today,sure there will be good music .
For me i there is more emotion ,better text in the music in the past decades.
Why they use distortion in the voice now i dont like it.

Yes you are describing REAL music.
This has mostly disappeared about the time that Rap and Hip Hop began to be considered as "music".
Its not.
Most people these days, if they are younger then 30 yrs old, have no idea what "music" is, vs what auto-tuned, loops, and a drum beat, has redefined the meaning of the word to try to express as the new version of music.
Music begins with melody and ends with Melody.
Melody is to music, what a Screenplay is to a Movie.
Real music is played by real musicians who know a lot of chords, have mastered an instrument, and can actually sing or play.
The real musicians of our Era, are making movie soundtracks, or playing Jazz or Bluegrass or Classical.
Epic Pop music died, about the time that The Police broke up.
I listen to the latest and greatest new model.....Like Ed Sheeran. Decent Voice. knows how to work a foot pedal and stack layers of sounds, and can perform well. Has written some good songs.
Then i go and listen to some old Elton John and i realize how far pop music has descended into decay.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #593 of 2,411
(When rap and hiphop was considered as music )When was that?Do you like the eletktronic music of the past
Do you know the newbeat from 88-92 (started here in belgium),you had also the chicago house sound.
I like it much more the elektro music of now
It had a slower beat, can you find that on spotify or tidal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back