Favorite Radiohead song?
Sep 22, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #31 of 34
Holy ****... how do I choose? I would say that I like almost every Radiohead song, mostly within about 10%, but often equally.

I have a hunch, but let's be more scientific

Let's list the favorites from each album first (this is the 10% I'm talking about):

The Bends: High and Dry, Just
OK Computer: Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Lucky
Kid A: Everything In Its Right Place, Optimistic
Amnesiac: Pyramid Song, You and Whose Army
Hail to the Thief: Go to Sleep, There There
In Rainbows: Bodysnatchers, Jigsaw Falling Into Place

I'd say that I like most of these songs roughly equally, but the ones that move me most are:

Karma Police, Paranoid Android, Lucky, You and Whose Army, High and Dry, Everything in Its Right Place, There There, and Jigsaw...

Of these, I'll rule out the more simplistic You and Whose... first. Next, and Jigsaw (since it's still fresh in my mind).

Next is High and Dry, even though it's a great song, it doesn't elicit the same response as the others.

That leaves Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Lucky, Everything in its Right Place, and There There.

Of the five, all have some of the best intros I've ever heard, and each is unique: Acoustic guitar, piano, electric guitar, keyboard, and drums, respectively.

I'll eliminate There There next, since it is a bit drawn out. My favorite part of Everything is the intro.

Ok, so that leaves three songs from their seminal and unequivocally greatest album. I never tire of these songs.

But if I had to pick one song:

Karma Police

(Second favorite song behind Zep's Black Dog)

On the other hand: what are the best vocal, drum, guitar, bass, and overall best Radiohead songs on merit alone?

Vocals: Fake Plastic Trees (without doubt)
Drum (VERY TOUGH CHOICE): Pyramid Song or There There or Idioteque... probably the first, because it defines the song.
Guitar: Paranoid Android (no doubt)
Bass: The National Anthem (so bad-ass)

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #33 of 34
Well, they played at my uni when Creep had just come out (god so long ago). Johnnie Greenwood was amazing, but come on, Pablo Honey ain't their best...

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #34 of 34
Pyramid Song for me. Probably the most moving piece of music in my collection. Agreed Pablo Honey wasn't that great. I'm glad they don't sound like that now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back