Favorite police (or related) crime dramas?
Mar 9, 2005 at 11:41 AM Post #16 of 39
wink.gif

and csi: miami
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Cop Rock.

heh... that was bloody awful!
tongue.gif

anyway... Homicide. till this day it is still HIGHLY underrated. people will always go for Law and Order, which are good shows, but still not in the same quality and innovation to the genre like Homicide. i've got friends that are huge Law and Order fans but will still stubbornly refuse to try out Homicide.

Mar 9, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
Homicide
Law and Order (original)

Yes! i totally agree.

Mar 9, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #23 of 39
Would Jonathan Creek counts as crime drama?

I'm not a big fan of the police crime genre but did like that show.

edit-
I'm talking about the UK version especially the episodes with Caroline Quentin. Didn't see much of the later eps. with Julia Sawalha.

Mar 9, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben7
me too
icon10.gif

me three!

I used to watch three shows: Frasier, Law & Order and CSI, Frasier is over...so I replaced it with Law & Order SUV, which I really like...but then I caught some CSI: Miami and actually prefer it to the original, so now I try to catch these four every week, but more often than not I am just able to catch L & O the original on Bravo at 11 pm EST.

Mar 9, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #26 of 39
None

I personally dislike every last police/crime drama show, and off-topic, nor do I like any hospital based shows or reality shows.

Mar 9, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalManCPA
None

I personally dislike every last police/crime drama show, and off-topic, nor do I like any hospital based shows or reality shows.

Are you still bitter over Friends ending?

Just Kidding
smily_headphones1.gif

What do you like?

Mar 9, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
Are you still bitter over Friends ending?

Just Kidding
smily_headphones1.gif

What do you like?

I'm not much of a TV watcher any more. It's probably been over 20 years since I've been latched onto any regular programming. I mostly watch Netflix rented DVD's. I also watch sports, but that doesn't count. Believe it or not, the only regular TV I watch is while I work out, and what I watch is......WWE wrestling that I roecird on Replay TV, both RAW and Smackdown. I've been a wrestling fan most of my life. And let's not discuss the "is it real" questions - I think Vince McMahon has made it abundently clear it's entertainment.

I've given many shows a chance - 24, Seinfeld, Friends, and more, but I can't get into any of them. In years past, the shows I used to watch regularly were:
The Three Stooges
Happy Days
Star Trek (original only)
Lost In Space
Dick Van Dyke Show

I watched MASH when it first came out, but kind of fell off the wagon after a few years. That was my 1st hospital show (well, kind of), and I lost interest.

Oh well, I guess I save my spare time for music and an occasional movie, and just don't have the time for TV.

Mar 9, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #30 of 39
My favorite is "The Wire"
Great story and setting, interesting characters and good acting. Perfect. More like a long movie than a series.

"The Shield" is also very good but a little overdrawn.

Judging by the first few episodes I've seen I also like "Veronica Mars". Not exactly a police/crime drama but about PIs but if "24" counts...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back