Favorite Podcasts?
Feb 23, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This American Life is essential even for non-Americans. Best documentary on TV or radio. See the Best Of for a sample.

agree 100%!

Feb 23, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 33
GaragePunk.com
- A bunch of different podcasts all rolled into one feed, mostly garage, soul, r&b, surf, rock, etc. A must for connoisseurs of fine rock n' roll.

wfmu Podcasts
- Particularly Muriels Treasure (Calypso, Soca), Downtown Soulville (Soul), Old Codger with Courtney T. Edison (78s), Seven Second Delay (Talk), Sinners Crossroads (Gospel)

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #18 of 33
In alphabetical order:

Astronomy Cast
NPR:Science Friday
Onion Network News (Video)
The Onion Radio News
Some Assembly Required
This American Life
Tiki Bar TV (Video)
WFMU's Codpaste with People Like Us and Ergo Phizmiz
WFMU's Do or DIY with People Like Us
WNYC's Radio Lab

These are all awesome!
I try to get through all of them each week, or as they update.

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #22 of 33
I was thinking of starting to listen to diggnation and this thread put me over the edge. In kind, I would like to recommend the CBC radio 3 podcast and CBC R3-30. There is so much good music coming out of Canada recently its amazing.

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking of starting to listen to diggnation and this thread put me over the edge. In kind, I would like to recommend the CBC radio 3 podcast and CBC R3-30. There is so much good music coming out of Canada recently its amazing.

The bit about Canada reminded me of one I forgot to include:

The Barclay Hour

Feb 28, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #25 of 33
Security Now is my favorite, but I listen to most podcasts on the TWiT network. Little else.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #26 of 33
Sorry for resurrection, but I wonder if anyone knows good audiophile podcasts? The very head-fi podcast has apparently died two years ago.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyhambone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ricky Gervais Show...Karl Pilkington reaches unattainable heights of hilarity by just talking and, well, being.

... with a head like a screw**ing orange!

Those of you recommending the diggnation podcast are referring to the 'videocast' correct? It's always so visual.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #28 of 33
All time favorite is Skeptoid (Skeptoid: Critical Analysis Podcast) followed by Guardian Science and Guardian Tech and then the Nature Podcast and Philosophy Bites
smily_headphones1.gif
Science ftw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back