Favorite Pink Floyd Song!
Feb 4, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #32 of 89
Us and Them/Any Colour You Like
Shine on You Crazy Diamond
Brain Damage/Eclipse (best finale to an album ever imho) "...but the sound is eclipsed by the MOOOOOOO-ooooon.." I always picture a big group bow and the curtain closing after that.

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #33 of 89
way way too many songs to choose from , but the first 2 to come to my mind are Echoes and High Hopes
eggosmile.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #36 of 89
I dont think any song will ever pass up the epic shine on you crazy diamond.
However, comfortable numb, time, and wish you were here are close behind

btw, no love for obscured by clouds? very underated pink floyd

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #37 of 89
RWest, I'm listening to it right now! Every song on it is awesome. "Mudmen" was a sign of things to come on Wish You Were Here.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #40 of 89
Top 5

1. Wish You Were Here
2. Welcome to the Machine
3. Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)
4. Money
5. Time

I don't know what it is about it, but sometimes (yes I know this is a sin) I actually skip over Have a Cigar when listening to Wish you Were Here... just rubs me the wrong way.

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #42 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally, I would say that the Pink Floyd song that I have gone back to the most over the years has been, "Have A Cigar" from "Wish You Were Here." Great song...I think that the guitar solo is maybe Gilmour's best.

Please tell me that you follow up this love of "Have a Cigar" by listening to Roy Harper's solo albums ... Harper is (along with Richard Thompson) one of the most underrated singer-songwriters that Britain has produced.

As for my choice(s), I think I'll nominate "The Fletcher Memorial Home" as my favourite ever PF song, but "Wish You Were Here" and "The Gunner's Dream" are certainly there or thereabouts. The choices are often arbitrary, since how a song hits me tends to be influenced a lot by the album running order: the segue from "The Happiest Days of our Lives" to "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2" is staggering, but neither song would make the cut on its own.

Feb 6, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #43 of 89
Okay, umm... maybe my favorite from each album?
tongue.gif

Piper - Astronomy Domine
Saucerful - Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
Ummagumma (studio) - The Narrow Way (I think I'm in a minority with this)
Atom Heart Mother - either Summer '68 or Fat Old Sun... too hard
smily_headphones1.gif

Relics - AAAH! I can't decide...
Meddle - Echoes
DSOTM - Time (My first Pink Floyd song ever!)
WYWH - Shine On
Animals - Pigs
The Wall - Comfortably Numb
The Final Cut - Don't have it, but I do like the title track and Fletcher Memorial Home
A Momentary Lapse of Reason - Sorrow or On The Turning Away
Division Bell - High Hopes

Today it's Shine On You Crazy Diamond, yesterday it was Echoes, tomorrow it will be Fat Old Sun... there's just too many!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #44 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please tell me that you follow up this love of "Have a Cigar" by listening to Roy Harper's solo albums ... Harper is (along with Richard Thompson) one of the most underrated singer-songwriters that Britain has produced.

I remember buying my first Richard Thompson cd -> Rumor And Sigh because I had heard the song -> 1952 Vincent Black Lightning on the radio once. I will have to hunt around for some Harper to check out as well now
rs1smile.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #45 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the segue from "The Happiest Days of our Lives" to "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2" is staggering, but neither song would make the cut on its own.

I agree completely...LOVE Waters' raving preamble to "Another Brick...2."

Also, I think of the most magical moments on The Wall is at the beginning of "Another Brick...1."

"Daddy's flown...across the ocean..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back