Favorite nap headphones?
May 7, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #16 of 42
I like my MS-1s, but they just ain't stable enough. So I usually hit up the DT770s -- I agree with Erik, that Beyer comfort is unbelievable for such a bulky can.

May 7, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #17 of 42
ATH-W1000s. Nap with them all the time.

May 7, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #18 of 42
HD580s here.

May 7, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #24 of 42
Nap with my Dog in the afternoon, Fall asleep with MS1s and dream I'm wearing MS Pros.

May 7, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #26 of 42
I know my least favorite: Shure e3c / E4c. About a year ago, I woke up with most of the hearing in my right ear gone. I fell asleep and the IEM had been driven into the ear canal hard when i rolled over. Not much fun walking around for a couple days with very little hearing in one ear. I don't think sleeping with IEMs is safe, at least if you occasionally roll over vigorously.

May 7, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #27 of 42
I can almost lie on my ear with the e500's... nearly comfortably. Some lulling ambient music can be nice when trying to relax for a nap. Once I'm falling asleep, I usually like to pull them out right before I drift off completely.

May 7, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #28 of 42
I prefer a pair of speakers near my bed for the occasion, and a remote next to me to trun it off, sometimes I can't sleep with music, other times easily, depends on the music and volume I suppose.

Also it is possible but maybe it only effects cheap buds, but some phones get absolutely ravaged during the night, rolling on them, potential impaliment by IEM's, who knows, fear the death of good phones.

May 8, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #30 of 42
I occasionally take a nap with my HD600's, very easy to fall asleep if you got the volume set a bit below what you usually listen on and because they're quite airy. I kind of like sleeping on my back though (I couldn't do it before, but I got used to it after 2 weeks of being hospitalized where I had to lay fixed on my back)
600smile.gif

If I'm lazy or simply want to be in another resting/sleeping position I just use my speakers from the computer (Logitech Z-5500) and put it on Stereo x2 (2 speakers are mounted right above my bed against the wall) so it's quite nice.

Speaking of which, I ought to go to sleep now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back