Favorite Movie Scene / accompanying favorite song/soundtrack? / and Why?
Mar 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #31 of 43
A couple of classic scenes from Full Metal Jacket. I love this movie in so many ways...

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #32 of 43

Movie scene: Blade; Bloodbath rave scene
Music: New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)
Why: Bangin' track and a great opening sequence. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #33 of 43
Movie scene : Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl , commandeering the Interceptor.
Music : Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl OST
Why : For me, this is the best scene from all the movies. It's when Jack goes from just a random pirate, to an amazingly entertaining pirate. It's also the turning point of the franchise, where Will Turner officially becomes a pirate. The scene is at the same time very funny and exciting. The two first exchanges of the scene, between Will and Jack, are the foundation of the whole movie. You can, in those two, see a glimpse of the character of the two men and foresee what the movie has in reserve. And then there's the sound track behind the whole scene. Do I really have to explain myself here? 
k701smile.gif

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #34 of 43
Definitely the main titles from Superman The Movie.  Try to watch this scene without getting goosebumps.  Once the titles came at you and the big S flashes on the screen, I light up with excitement every time, a 26 year old man feels like a 7 year old again ha! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHDWdGPomw

May 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #38 of 43
One of my favorites is from Goodfellas,  Scorsese knows how to pick great songs.
The music and images gets me every time I see it, It is just epic. The outro to Layla, I don't know why it works but it does. The haunting slide guitar playing by Duane Allman is just haunting.

May 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #39 of 43
Oh lord! How could I have forgotten this!!

One of my favorite movie EVER. I blame it for giving me an unrealistic ideal of college/university life. Though it's one of the reasons I always wanted to go to University...

The ending scene... still makes me giggle to watch it. MAN is this ending scene EPIC! How did they get the band setup on the roof of the building like that?!?! Must have been a lot of fun. 
biggrin.gif

And yeah, there's always Drum & Bass.

May 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #40 of 43
Opening a movie with this kind of scene... I was just speechless. So provocative, so dramatic, yet so beautiful. The music just complements the visuals perfectly. A lot of nice camera effect, it's just so good.

The dramatic music with such beautiful landscape is just paradoxal. It's a really nice foreshadowing of Kubrick.

Another impressive scene from a movie that is underrated. So dreamlike, so surrealist.

Beautifully shot, the music is astonishing. So much melancholia without a single word.

Probably the master of photography himself.

Another masterwork of Leone.

The opening scene of I Saw the Devil. I don't have a video of it, but you have to watch the movie, it's really impressive.

I might post some more if some of you liked the scences that I'm posting.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #41 of 43
is the "I saw the devil" movie a Korean one? 

My wife and I were watching a trailer for that movie...and just as a really jumpy/scary part was happening, our radiant heater that had a stand TURNED IT SELF ON and WAS ROTATING.... It makes a buzzing sound, too, when it's on.   Was really freaky....  we returned it -_-

One of these things--like you can buy at costco, but a Korean made one they sell at H-mart. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #42 of 43
Quote:
is the "I saw the devil" movie a Korean one? 

My wife and I were watching a trailer for that movie...and just as a really jumpy/scary part was happening, our radiant heater that had a stand TURNED IT SELF ON and WAS ROTATING.... It makes a buzzing sound, too, when it's on.   Was really freaky....  we returned it -_-

Hahahaha! Holy crap hyogen, I literally laughed out loud. Stuff like that has happened to me before too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back