Favorite Movie Scene / accompanying favorite song/soundtrack? / and Why?
Mar 18, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #16 of 43
Movie scene: 2001 A Space Odyessey shuttle craft approach to the space station
Music: Blue Danube
Why: Beautiful, graceful and way ahead of it's time.

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #17 of 43

Quote:
ahhh :)  wow i didn't realize this soundtrack was by daft punk.  i thought it was just certain tracks that were more obviously by them..

Well, I believe Daft Punk is officially credited for the score, but word on the street is that Hans Zimmer had something to do with it. I don't find that unbelievable, unless Daft Punk is secretly talented. 
wink.gif

Oh, and that 2001 clip is definitely a good one.

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #18 of 43
Movie scene: Apocalypse Now; raid on village.
Music: Ride Of The Valkyries
Why: American troops playing Wagner while bombing a village... too ironic.

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #20 of 43
Mar 19, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #21 of 43
How could I forget this one...

Movie scene: Shawshank Redemption; Brook's story
Music: Brooks Was Here - Thomas Newman
Why: Poignant, both musically and cinematically. 

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #25 of 43
Movie scene: Independence Day - Let's Plow the Road
Tracks: Ace Combat 2 OST: Fire Youngman, followed by Ace Combat Assault Horizon OST: Horizon for the big ship blowing up. It has the nearly cheesy but at the same time fitting tune.

Also, I'm pretty sure that wasn't an air-to-air missile they fired at the last second...Looked more like anti-ship. Ah well, that was a case of the more explosives packed the better.

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #28 of 43

Quote:
^ I was thinking about Quadrophenia this morning. The end sequence to "I've Had Enough" where Jimmy drive's the Face's scooter off the cliff.

Also a cracking track......To be honest that was the link I was going to post but I didn't want to spoil the ending incase someone had not seen the film. The whole film has great music all the way through.

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #30 of 43

Quote:
Also a cracking track......To be honest that was the link I was going to post but I didn't want to spoil the ending incase someone had not seen the film. The whole film has great music all the way through.

May I suggest using a 

Like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back