favorite mockumentary
Aug 9, 2003 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus

Aug 10, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 16
Drop Dead Gorgeous was fun. Never get your floats from Mexico.

Also, The Song Remains the Same.

cool.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 16
Best in show was great... Wa-hoo... I'm in the majority!

Drop Dead Gorgeous was funny too though.

Aug 10, 2003 at 12:52 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by maverick_12
You forgot one.
Bowling for Columbine.
I'm not going to find the articles, but quite a bit of the stuff was faked, or lied about. A lot of the Ad's, the NRA meeting in Denver, etc etc.

It was created to promote a point of view, not to mock.

Aug 10, 2003 at 12:59 PM Post #12 of 16
Bowling was a mockery of the documentary genre along the lines of the crap the BBC promotes when it has its own political agenda to push (which is always).

I liked Best in Show, but I liked This is Spinal Tap more. 11 on the volume dial was good. "Spinal Tarp" was funny too.

Aug 10, 2003 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 16
Waiting for Guffman was so true of community theater wasn't it?
biggrin.gif

But going to even a small dog show revealed the truths of BIS as well. They're both equally favorites for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2003 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 16
I'm afraid I didn't catch the name of it but a couple of months ago I was sucked into believing a mockumentary about a couple of Metal Head guys, partying it up for a couple of weeks before one of them had to go into the hospital to have a testicle removed. Real Garth and Wayne types. I started watching just as they threatened to pull out of the documentary unless the director jumped off a small cliff with them into a river while they were camping. The director dies doing it and his body winds up floating down the river with the two bozos chasing it. It really had me fooled however. Best stupid acting I've seen.

Aug 10, 2003 at 7:45 PM Post #15 of 16
The Wild Wild World Of Jayne Mansfield (finally available on DVD from Something Weird/Image). Science hasn't determined exactly how mocking this mondomentory was intended to be and science doesn't care (nor do I give two lemurs' pulsating scrotums either way). You haven't lived until you've seen Mickey Hargitay cry while giving a tour of the Pink Palace (preferably after you've watched him strangle everything in a miniskirt in Polselli's Delirium).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back