Favorite Hotel?
Mar 20, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #16 of 22
The Hilton @ Durham. One of the best bars I've ever been to, extremely clean rooms, and the best bed I've ever slept on.

I don't travel much, and usually stay @ the cheapest place possible, so keep that in mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #17 of 22
i find most hotels to be impersonal, depressing and slightly icky. my favorite was one in rome my wife and i stayed in for a week. the room was small, but had huge gorgeous windows and had a wonderful, classy feel. the hotel itself was in a grand old building with marble everywhere. the worst strangely was in florence, italy. the room was so tiny and dingy, and the bathroom so small that when i sat on the toilet, my knees touched to opposite wall.

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
the room was so tiny and dingy, and the bathroom so small that when i sat on the toilet, my knees touched to opposite wall.

I can relate on the small bathroom. I've had to stay on a few hotels overseas that did not have a bathtub or shower stall. Just the hand held shower head on the wall next to the toilet.

Bathrooms could be a thread on it's own, and get very sick.

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:40 AM Post #20 of 22
My wife and I love the beds in Hampton Inns and they seem to have pretty comfortable rooms as well as good and free internet access. We almost always look for one of those, unless we get a room at the downtown Marriot in Salt Lake City for 60 bones on hotwire. That's a killer deal, and we use it all the time!
biggrin.gif

Slade

Mar 22, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #22 of 22
I like the Wingate Inns; they're clean, and every Wingate I've been to has nice, large rooms and accessible amenities. I guess they should be good, though, because the entire chain was only around since 1996.

I've never had such a good experience with Choice Hotels...one Comfort Inn in Jacksonville had strange-smelling water, and a Quality Inn in Atlanta had a location in a weedy part of Atlanta (although I never would have known it from the online descriptions) and a well-intentioned, but barely English-speaking staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back