favorite electronic album (all types)
Jul 30, 2004 at 2:08 PM Post #108 of 159
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum, and because this is such a lovely thread i'll share you some excellent electronic masterpieces:

+V.A. - The mystery of the 13 crystal skulls -> i strongly recommend this album to al the shponlge lovers, in fact to everybody (and for those of you who find shpongle a funny name try 'geshtongenflapt'
smily_headphones1.gif
)

+Axis - Output

+Enigma - MCMXC A.D.

These are only three albums, i could name 50 more but people listen to these 3 and they'll blow you away!! these are albums i can listen to over and over again.

and 2livers Vibrasphere - Lime Structure is indeed a piece of art!

Jul 31, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #109 of 159
It is impossible for me to list just one. These are albums which has caused a deep impact on me,

Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes
Banco De Gaia - Last Train to Lhasa
Loop Guru - Dunya
Bill Laswell - City of Light
Planet Ben - Trippy Future Garden
Hallucinogen - Twisted
Pete Namlook - Silence 1/2
Tuu - All Our Ancestors
Oophoi - The Spiral of Time
Tetsu Inoue - Organic Cloud
Biosphere - Substrata
Robert Rich - Trances and Drones
David Parsons - Meitreya
Steve Roach - Structures in Silence
V.A - The Ambient Cookbook (fax)

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:39 PM Post #112 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by hop ham
does anyone listen to kruder and dorfmeister...they are by far my favorite downtempo electronica...k & d sessions blows me away everytime i listen to it...

right not i'm listening to morcheeba, big calm...and it is very nice.

Yeah Kruder & Dorfmeister are good. I also like the Sasha GU: San Francisco and the Chillout Session compilations from Ministry of Sound, particularly #2. Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Portishead (I'm not sure if Portishead counts or not), Northern Exposure by Sasha and John Digweed round out my favorites

Aug 2, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #113 of 159
REDSHIFTER: Waaaay before you - Keemosabe, by Electric Indian (Vinyl)

I'm gonna have go to the store, looks like i have some catching up to do!

Thi$ i$ gonna $ting!

Aug 2, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #114 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
Yeah Kruder & Dorfmeister are good. I also like the Sasha GU: San Francisco and the Chillout Session compilations from Ministry of Sound, particularly #2. Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Portishead (I'm not sure if Portishead counts or not), Northern Exposure by Sasha and John Digweed round out my favorites

Our tastes seem to be similar. Even though Airdrawn is my favorite electronic albulm(produced), San Fran Disc 01 is my favorite dj compilation. I listened to this disc probably more than any other in my whole collection -- and thats saying a lot.

Any, yes, I would say Portishead definately counts. Live in NYC Roseland is pretty damn good.

BTW, theres a new James Zabiela coming out. Just heard it the other day, its really, really good -- not out yet though, maybe as import, I don't know.

Aug 3, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #116 of 159
Delerium - Karma --- all there other works are great as well. ill let Steeleblayde chime in with his Paul Van Dyke spiel....

Aug 3, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #118 of 159
I can't seem to stop playing anything Goldfrapp these last few days. I think all those commercials that have started using their music is getting to me
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #119 of 159
felt mountain is great, but I'm not a big fan of black cherry...

Aug 4, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #120 of 159
They're different, but I like both equally. I admit when I first popped in Black Cherry, it didn't fly with me (probably because it wasn't what I expected).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back