Favorite cookie?
Nov 6, 2007 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Orcin

1000+ Head-Fier
We are talking about store-bought packaged cookies here, not homemade or bakery cookies. I would make this a poll, but I don't want to stifle creativity with limited choices. I'll start...

OREO!! Not those bite-sized things, the real full-sized job. Not double-stuff either, your basic original Oreo. I don't dunk them in milk, I don't take them apart, I just eat them as they are in all their glory.

In the low-cal/diet category, I nominate vanilla Snackwells.

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 35
Wally Amos who resides here in Hawaii is the founder of Famous Amos Cookies. He no longers owns the franchise or it's name as it has change hands in ownership thru various corporate entities over the last 20 years.

Wally does however owns the rights of the recipe for his famous chocolate chip cookies which the current Famous Amos brand doen't and can't use. Wally with a few partners now sells his fresh baked cookies based on his original recipes daily out of a cookie store called Chip & Cookie Cookie Store located in Kailua, Honolulu. It is the best store bought cookie I've eaten.

http://www.chipandcookie.com/

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 35
This is borderline bakery cookie, but after further review the referee in the booth has allowed it to stand.

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wally Amos who resides here in Hawaii is the founder of Famous Amos Cookies. He no longers owns the franchise or it's name as it has change hands in ownership thru various corporate entities over the last 20 years.

Wally does however owns the rights of the recipe for his famous chocolate chip cookies which the current Famous Amos brand doen't and can't use. Wally with a few partners now sells his fresh baked cookies based on his original recipes daily out of a cookie store called Chip & Cookie Cookie Store located in Kailua, Honolulu. It is the best store bought cookie I've eaten.

http://www.chipandcookie.com/

Looks like they take online orders.
icon10.gif

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like they take online orders.
icon10.gif

Thanks!

You won't be disappointed. They are much better than cookies made under the "Famous Amos" brand.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #10 of 35
Oatmeal raisin FTFW! I guess my favorite manufactured cookie would be E.L.Fudge or Oreos

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My wife's chocolate chip oatmeal. Secret. YUMMY

Blatant disregard for the rules of the thread, but you get an age exemption.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes.coleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oatmeal raisin FTFW!

Best packaged oatmeal raisin would be Archway!

And speaking of Archway, these Iced Oatmeal cookies have a secret ingredient that makes them habit-forming. It must be a narcotic.

http://www.foodlocker.com/archcio.html

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #12 of 35
Limited to store-bought brands, I'd have to go with:

Johnny Walker: Their shortbread cookies are amazing
Pepperidge Farm: I don't think I can survive an entire year without buying Milano or Chessmen.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 35
honey cinnamon and white chocolate, with pecan, these are store bought and come in a 5 pack, 6", nice and moist and doughy and chewy

brand: bethanys biscuit boutique.

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #14 of 35
I really dig the DoubleTree Hotel cookies (choco chip, oatmeal, walnuts). You get 2 free cookies when you check in. They keep the cookies warm using little ovens behind the check-in desk. For Christmas, my wife always stops by one of their hotels and get's me a couple tins of their cookies (6 per tin).

For store bought cookies, I would have to say Mother's Double Fudge are my favorite.
icon10.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #15 of 35
I like Matt's cookies. Chocolate Chip. Mmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back