Favorite Classy Restaurants?
Apr 27, 2005 at 6:45 AM Post #106 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
I forgot that I also had dinner once at the Carnelian Room at the top of the Bank of America building in The City (when I celebrated my 20th year with Bank of America they hosted a dinner for all of us). The food was very good, but the view was spectacular. Hell, the food could have been mediocre but the view would have instantly elevated it up a few notches. Simply stunning.

58.jpg

Hey...I went there for a dinner 2 years back. The same view was there, but only for a few minutes (the fog rolled in under us). I work at an office a block away now. I should visit again, heh. The food was good, but the view really was spectacular.

edit: added info below

baybridgenightfromcoittower022.jpg

Another great view, but from Coit Tower in SF at night. I ate at a pretty expensive restaurant near the base of it called Julius's Castle. Costs more than Carnelian Room, but taste was not as good. And parking sucked.

Apr 27, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #107 of 110
I don't have the money nor the travel experience to have even heard of most of the places mentioned. Only nice places I've been are here in Tampa, FL. As mentioned earlier, Bern's Steakhouse is really an incredible dining experience with very good steak and an awsome desert room/menu. I recommend it if you're ever in Tampa.

The best steak I've had is definitely Flemming's Steakhouse... cooked just right... it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It's also here in Tampa.

Now for desert I'm going to have to say the Godiva chocolate cheescake at the Cheesecake Factory. Now you have to understand that I normally can't fight the temptation to eat good chocolate or cheesecake - so when they are combined... I swear the first time I ate this my eyes teared up. Personally, my tastebuds have never tasted better. Oh and they put a little Godive chocolate piece on top, which compared to the cheesecake tastes like ass - I found that pretty funny.

Oh and you must have a glass of milk with the cheesecake because it is just too rich - but oh so good.

Dec 31, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #108 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denny's!!
smily_headphones1.gif

eww, I hate the greasy **** they serve there

Mine would have to be either Taiwan Cafe or East Ocean City in Chinatown... I only like asian food

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #109 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by dSquared /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where are all the dc people?

La Chaumiere (Georgetown) - charming, intimate though not in the same league as the next two.

Citronelle (Georgetown) - presentation is sooo much fun and the food's even better.

Inn at Little Washington (Little Washington, VA) - impeccable food, charming decor...getting there is a royal pain if you have to leave during dc rush hour, though.

Hmm, I'll keep those in mind next time I'm in DC.

Someone mentioned Fogo de Chao a few pages back - I just discovered them a few weeks ago. OMG!!!! That place was amazing. I've never had a more expensive all-you-can-eat...but what an all-you-can-eat it was...

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #110 of 110
Parcel 104 - Santa Clara, CA. Really great food where the ingredients are seasonal.
Chicago Chop House - Chicago. Not sure if this counts as classy but my dad and I really enjoyed their prime rib the last time we were there.
Smith and Wollenski - Las Vegas. Great steaks!
Santa Ramen - Not really classy but this is the best ramen I've had outside of Japan.
Ella's - San Francisco. Great breakfast place but like Mama's, the wait can sometimes be up to an hour if you have a large party.
Manresa - Los Gatos, CA. I haven't been there yet but from all reviews thus far, it's about as good as French Laundry without the crazy wait list and lower prices. I believe they've also recently received a Michelin rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back