Favorite Campy Old Sci-Fi Flick
Aug 5, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #16 of 42
Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla! It's got a girl who is psychic, which you know because when she does her thing her earrings stand out straight from her head, and the Japanese mafia, who wear pinnstripe suits and use tommy guns, and Space Godzilla is a bit of Godzilla DNA that fell into a black hole and came out a white hole and got MUTATED BY SPACE RAYS!!! and it came back to earth all angry because I don't know why. I got a copy of this movie three years ago and still haven't found anyone willing to watch it with me....

But my favorites growing up were V -- a miniseries, I know -- Flight of the Intruder, and Batteries Not Included. Haven't seen any of them in years, though, and I don't know how they stack up against the classic cheese-fiction movies.

Aug 5, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #17 of 42
Campy....hmmm...

Repo Man and Maximum Overdrive are two favorites. Except for Young Guns, haven't been much of an Emilo Esteves fan since.

Of course Night of the Living Dead and Attack of the Killer Tomatos were good late night time wasters, too.

Ah....memories....

Aug 5, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #18 of 42
The Brain From Planet Arous - 1957

6304680538.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Aug 5, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #19 of 42
Oh! And favorite movie about the MAKING of a campy scifi flick - CQ. Anyone who hasn't seen it should, it's really pretty good. All fictional, about a filmmaker in 1961 Paris making a scifi movie about 2001 Paris. It's great. Good soundtrack, too, by Mellow.

Aug 6, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #23 of 42
THE KILLER SHREWS

Ingrid Goude, Miss Universe 1957 : "There are two or three hundred giant shrews out there. Monsters, weighing between fifty and a hundred pounds!"

James Best, later to become the Dukes of Hazzard's Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane : “Fifty to a hundred pounds! Why, that’s as big as a full grown wolf!"

Ingrid Goude, Miss Universe 1957 : "And what’s more, they’re starving!"

killershrews5.jpg

Aug 6, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #24 of 42
The "Killer Schrews" was a great movie!!

No one has mentioned the one with the Giant Grasshoppers or:
- Giant Praying Mantiss from Antartica
- Giant Killer Snails
- Giant Ants

All caused by the Nuclear tests don't ya know. There was even the one where the army guy stood up just as they lit off the nuclear test, then he grew 50 feet tall and wore a diaper in Las Vegas.

They don't make movies like that anymore. Thank God.

Mitch

Aug 6, 2004 at 12:38 PM Post #28 of 42
With honorary mention to "Flesh Gordon", my winner is:

[size=xx-large]A Boy and His Dog[/size]

which co-stars a very young Don Johnson (you might well know who OP's star would be
biggrin.gif
) in a cautionary doomsday tale of telepathic animals, global holocaust and starvation, teen lust, and early social bolshevism (that's political correctness to some of you on the left). Total rip-roaring hoot. With lots of boy action (straight, but you will understand when you see it) and old military rifles, what's not to love?

Aug 6, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
When watching "A boy and his dog" you have to sit through all the way to the end and hear the last line.

Exactly, as the star (with his new "bandage") and Don wander off into the sunrise . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back